All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: K2! Do you know? new
      #302750 - 03/21/07 02:29 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Actually, I've been suffering from some pretty bad fatigue the last few weeks; the kind where I can feel it in my muscles when I move! It sucks. I'm pretty sure mine is depression-related, and my doctor is adjusting my AD to try and help with the fatigue. It's frustrating that there isn't an immediate response with ADs.

Kat, I'm SO jealous that you get so much sleep!!!

It's not too long ago that I was in college! I'm 28 (and feeling so old!). But what about just stress in general?? That's certainly enough to make you feel tired. Especially with the added responsibility of being an RA. Do you exercise regularly? Maintain a fairly consistent sleep-wake schedule? Going to bed or waking up later than usual can throw me off for several days and make me extremely lethargic.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#302752 - 03/21/07 02:36 PM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

No, nothing is normal in my routine and we have to walk the hall that keep me up till 1 am two to three nights a week. I have to do it though and I do enjoy being an Ra...but I may just need more sleep and to say NO to a lot more things than I initially thought. I am gald that you are talking to your doctor and let us, at least me (time) know for sure what she or he says.
Time

#302753 - 03/21/07 02:36 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

"Kat, I'm SO jealous that you get so much sleep!!!"
LOL, you wouldn't believe how much sleep I'm getting right now with having mono.

Time: I have to say, I would be having IBS symptoms daily if I only slept 6 hours a night. And having a 2 hour nap in the afternoon to try to get to 8 hours of sleep? Doesn't work for me. I really need at least 8 hours solid sleep at night. If I was on 6 hours of sleep and had some tummy troubles, I'd be feeling the fatigue all day too. So there isn't necessarily anything medically wrong in your case, although I do suggest speaking to a doctor about it to be sure. And try really hard to get more sleep! Even if you try adding 30 mins at night, it could help.

--------------------
Kat

#302754 - 03/21/07 02:39 PM
time

Mono! Yuck! I had that for 9 months and then cito magalic inclusive virous for 5 after that becuase I didn't take care of the mono like I should have. So, rest rest rest...it is weird thing and can go into CMV ( which is like mono just worse)..take care Kat and let me know if you need anything that I could do at least over emial.
All my best,
Time

#302756 - 03/21/07 02:46 PM
Lisa Marie

I look back on my years in undergrad and I have NO IDEA how I survived the awful, horrible things I put my body through!! Thank goodness I didn't have IBS to deal with until I was out of there. I can't imagine dealing with college AND IBS!

Have you thought about having bloodwork done, just to make sure something isn't totally out of whack? I agree with Kat; you need more sleep! And honestly, try and make your sleeping and waking times as consistent as you can! I know that's easier said than done. That's one thing I love about having a full-time job - routine!

Thanks for your concern; I am starting to feel a little better. The last week or so has been a lot of up and down rather than just down, so I guess that's progress.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#302759 - 03/21/07 02:52 PM
time

Lisa! I go to colorado State univesity! I saw that you are in Colorado! Cool! Yes, I am done with my long hours and will quite them in put them in my control..then, when I have to be on RA call, I will take a nap before hand and keep low on those nights..not try to do any programs or anything. I am also IBS C...and tired of it! But, the tirednes will fall asleep as I get more sleep. How are some ways you handle the C?
Time in CSU!

#302761 - 03/21/07 03:00 PM
Lisa Marie

Hey neighbor! My favorite reason for going to Fort Collins is Rasta Pasta. MMMMMMMM!!!!! Before I stopped drinking, I also enjoyed the New Belgium brewery.

I think what you're suggesting will definitely help. Friday night DH and I are going to a concert so I know I'll be up way later than usual. I told him I HAVE to take a nap before we go, and I'll try to sleep in a little in the morning. However, I know I'll still be messed up and tired for the rest of the weekend. It's frustrating how sensitive my body is!

For C, I take Natural Calm every night. It's a magnesium citrate supplement you can buy at Wild Oats or Whole Foods, or order online. Lots of people on this board use it. It works like a charm!! And so much more gentle than Milk of Magnesia, which is what I used to take.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#302764 - 03/21/07 03:22 PM
time

Thank you! I love Rasta Pasta too..and have also given up drinking, even good wine huts. Have fun at your concert!
Time

Re: MY menu, help! new
      #302765 - 03/21/07 03:29 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

Sorry you are having a tough time with the gas. I get gas a lot, too. After reading some of your posts I will mention the things I think that could possibly be the problem...but then again, maybe not, since everyone is a bit different.

Protein powder, Bananas (they give me terrible gas), spicy turkey sausages, soy, oatmeal and peppermint (I know it's supposed to help but in some people it does the opposite. Stay away from too many veggies or fruits at one time.

My suggestion, take Beano before meals and Phazyme for gas has been a lifesaver for me. Also, a heating pad on the tummy will help as will exercising or taking a walk.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Re: My GI doc is an idiot, need advice new
      #302912 - 03/23/07 07:18 AM
Cyberwolf

Reged: 03/18/07
Loc: North Wales, PA USA

I feel for ya. I am on my 3rd GI and finally getting somewhere. If you live in/near the Philadelphia area, I would suggest the Hospital at the University of PA. They are at least listeneing and giving me some very good ideas on what to try and what not to. I was on bentyl for over 5 years and they took my off of it right away when it was causing me light-headedness.

Keep looking there are good GI's out there, there just hard to find sometimes.

--------------------
Jim
From the Wolf comes the strength of the Pack.
From the Pack comes the strength of the Wolf.
-R. Kipling

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1793 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review