All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ibs
      #302552 - 03/19/07 12:34 PM
sun09

Reged: 03/19/07

i have reviewed the many pages about ibs. I am wondering what protein is allowed in the pages of info I have only seen chicken.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ibs new
      #302553 - 03/19/07 12:41 PM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

i eat turkey, chicken (skinless white meat) all kindsa fish (but c if you can tolerate salmon/tuna but if some people can cos of fat content, but its good fat!!!) and other non-meat proteins like tofu and nuts (usually in nut butters- again high fat, so b fairly sparse)

#302582 - 03/19/07 03:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

White poultry meat, fish (watch fat content), egg whites, beans (watch the fiber content). When you're stable you can probably have an occassional lean beef.

#302588 - 03/19/07 05:20 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

What is a fish that is not high in fat? Salmon seems to give me gas, and the only thing I can figure out is that maybe the salmon I'm eating is high in fat.

#302605 - 03/19/07 08:16 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I like sole and cod. i'm not sure what their fat content is, but I do fine with them. I eat salmon too, but it seems to make me burp a lot.

#302621 - 03/20/07 06:19 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Some salmon varieties are quite low in fat while others are high. See message for a list.

You can check the fat content for a variety of fish in the USDA Nutrient Database Database. If you enter the word 'fish' and click on submit it will produce a list of 240 different fish items that you can find the fat content. For example, "Fish, bass, striped, raw" has 2.3 grams of Total lipid (fat) per 100 grams and therefore it contains 2.3% fat by weight. LOL

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Try eating Tilapia for protein... new
      #302622 - 03/20/07 07:19 AM
virag

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: Florida

I eat skinless chicken breasts alot and tilapia fish fillets. They are more 'meaty' then sole or flounder and have a nice light flavor. At least when you are done, you feel like your tummy is satisfied unlike most other fish. I basically steam mine which sounds yucky but believe me it is so tender. I make a 'boat' out of a strip of alum. foil. Put in the fillet and add enough water for it to sit on NOT in, don't soak it. I used to use lemon juice but the acid content bothered me. I wrap up the sides of the foil tightly to allow the steaming process and depending and bake it at 425 for about 10 minutes, I like it drier. I serve it with noodles or baked potato. You can sprinkle the fish with spices if you can handle it.
And don't forget egg white omelets as alternative, I eat at least 3 or 4 a week....best wishes, Virag:)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2007 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 765

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review