All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
i messed up!
      #302364 - 03/16/07 03:32 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

ok i went for t last night and order salmon on ciabatta ( no butter/sauce!) and a side of honey roast veg (yes i was excited, as it was like a pub place so good menu!) - i ate the potatoe and then a little bit of pepper with skin and tiny bite of salad. i felt fine but had a loose bm this morning- so not an attack but still not as should b, there was a bit of pepper in it, so i think that could b problem? its just i thought that with the potatoes and bread a SF we should mix IF fibre in like that? did i do wrong! i ate salad at end but ate pepper with potatoe. i dont even like pepper but was trying to mix SF and IF, grr, i am fine most of week but still cant master eating out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

you didn't mess up! new
      #302365 - 03/16/07 03:54 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It's part of the trial and error, of figuring out what your body likes and doesn't like. Everyone goes through this. Eating SF isn't a magic bullet that takes care of everything else... there's still going to be some things your body can't handle, and there's a good chance it'll be things that other people can handle just fine. That's just the way it goes.

But in this case, you're in good company, because I can't handle peppers either. It's the only vegetable I can't eat!

Also, look on the bright side... you didn't have an attack! That's huge progress, right?

Re: you didn't mess up! new
      #302366 - 03/16/07 05:39 AM
keepsmiling

yeah thats true, just had another normal bm now so think back on track!!! i was just so careful at restarant that felt like there was no point, but could of been much worse! went to see ricky gervais on tour (not sure if youve heard of him in us- he does the tv show the office) last night who is like my idol and was great to watch the whole show with no thought of my tum!!1

Re:thanks! new
      #302367 - 03/16/07 05:40 AM
keepsmiling

yeah thats true, just had another normal bm now so think back on track!!! i was just so careful at restarant that felt like there was no point, but could of been much worse! went to see ricky gervais on tour (not sure if youve heard of him in us- he does the tv show the office) last night who is like my idol and was great to watch the whole show with no thought of my tum!!1

Re: i messed up! new
      #302373 - 03/16/07 08:54 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

When I eat out, I still have to avoid salad like the plague. Even if I eat bread with it, it still gives me D.

Mmmm, the honey-roasted vegs sound delish!

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Don't feel bad new
      #302484 - 03/18/07 02:39 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I had green beer last night to celebrate st. paddy's day. Ugh, what was i thinking? We all go there from time to time...

~nelly~

Re: THANKS- THIS time i didnt mess up! new
      #302536 - 03/19/07 09:11 AM
keepsmiling

well weekend i stayed at my boyfriends and we ate out the whole weekend (not usual practice!) and had no flare up! i had take away with boiled rice and hoisin stir fried chicken on fri night, went out to pub and had grilled chicken burger with carrots and parsnips on sat day and went for a cheesless pizza with chicken on the night! (checked with rest ingrediants of base and was fine) and ive been ok!!!! yey! so i can do this eating out thing, i got there eventuallly!!

yeah! new
      #302560 - 03/19/07 01:22 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Congrats on eating out and being flare-free! Awesome. It just takes a little experimenting, but it can definitely be done.

And all that food sounds really tasty, too! Hoisin chicken, mmm...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1145

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review