All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Post Your Typical Day Safe Menu Please new
      #302267 - 03/14/07 10:38 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Breakfast: slice of whole wheat bread (yeah, I'm IBS-C ), Silk Live smoothie, banana

Lunch: 1/3 cup smoked salmon salad, half a pita, apple

Dinner: Mexican brown rice/black bean/chicken breast dish, green beans

Dessert: small chunk of dark, dark chocolate or a couple of "Fig Newmans"

I have a heaping tablespoon of acacia in water for both breakfast and dinner. I drink peppermint and decaf black tea all day long.

--AC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I stabilized *while* eating this way... new
      #302330 - 03/15/07 02:08 PM
tiredofpain

Reged: 11/25/06

IBS-C.

Breakfast- Sour Dough Toast with strawberry jelly, scrambled egg beaters with soy cheese, fruit salad of mangos and grapes

Lunch- PB sandwich on sour dough bread, baked tostitos and peeled apple or oatmeal and fruit salad

Dinner- Grilled or baked chicken or fish, pasta with veggies, small piece of fruit

Snacks- pretzels, graham crackers or baked bread

I drink teas all day long.

I am also relieved to hear that it took many of your a year to stabalize. I have been on the diet for four months and am doing better, but still have flare-ups- which are frustrating. It is good to know that as long as keep doing what I am doing, I will eventually feel a lot better for longer periods of time.

Here's a typical day I ate while stabilizing new
      #302358 - 03/15/07 11:16 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Breakfast - Quaker instant Maple & Brown sugar package (mixed with boiling water) - I still eat this pretty much every single morning. It really stabilizes me in the morning better than ANYTHING else.

Lunch - Gardenburger Flame Grilled soy burger on white bun with TINY sprinkle of Kraft fat free shredded cheddar cheese (not technically IBS-safe, but it doesn't give me any trouble as long as I don't overdo it... just enough to kill the beany taste of a fake burger). A handful of baked tostitos.

Dinner - Rice, pasta, potatoes, or French bread always. Meat would be chicken (teriyaki, BBQ, plain, or with a little garlic seasoning), tilapia, or tofu (LOVE LOVE LOVE it with Amy's Family Marinara and spaghetti noodles!!). Side item would usually be green beans or sauteed veggies (carrots, zucchini, and maybe broccoli). Stir-fry is also GREAT with rice, as is homemade veggie soup with French bread.

Snacks/Desserts - pretzel sticks, graham crackers, hunk of French bread, leftovers (try to cook extra at dinner so you have healthy food when you're hungry between meals), "s'mores" (graham crackers with Kraft mini marshmallows toasted on top in the toaster oven or oven), small piece of safe cake or brownie (only after safe meal), candy canes, pita bread

Things I've started eating more recently:
- Rice Chex with Soy Dream Classic Vanilla soy milk (makes me a little gassy, but not enough to make me stop drinking it at night... about to have some in a minute!)
- Chocolate Cake for One (recipe in index - HEAVENLY!!)
- egg white omelet with toast (again, makes me a little gassy, but sometimes I'm just craving eggs)
- chicken quesadilla (this has become my new favorite lunch. recipe is posted here somewhere)
- tofu noodle stir-fry with angel-hair pasta and small diced veggies and tamari sauce. Super easy and delicious! Need to post that recipe soon...

That's all I can think of right now. Most of the meals I listed are discussed in more detail in other posts. Let me know if you need help finding one, and I'll dig it up.

Hope that helps!

C People ? new
      #302370 - 03/16/07 06:23 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

Can any of you do salads with out feeling gassy? What have you seen as most helpful?If I have enough fiber I go but then am bloated like a baloon so gassy like insane then when I reduce even a little I'm constipated. I know its different for everyone thats what is frustrating but glad to see so many have good results. Take care

#302374 - 03/16/07 09:08 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Breakfast: apples & cinnamon oatmeal prepared with Almond Breeze original milk, acacia, & blueberries, egg white

Snack: Yoso soy yogurt with added cut up strawberries, ginger snaps

Lunch: Turkey breast on white bread toasted, with Veganaise, lettuce, olives

Snack: applesauce with acacia, Almond Breeze chocolate milk

Dinner: fish, rice, steamed asparagus

Snack: peppermint patties, Heather's cinnamon zucchini bread

--------------------
Kat

#302375 - 03/16/07 09:13 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Breakfast: Smoothie made with strawberries, blueberries, peaches, banana, vanilla rice milk, and rice protein powder.

Snack: Cream of rice with vanilla rice milk and brown sugar

Lunch: Usually last night's leftovers. Today I'm having a Cuban-type vegan dish we made last night that has white rice, black beans, green & red pepper, and onion.

Snack: Either a slice of bread (zucchini, pumpkin apple spice, banana, etc), or hummus/bean dip and baked corn chips.

Dinner: Tonight we're having "rigatoni casserole" which is rigatoni pasta, chunky vegetable tomato sauce, TVP, and a little nutritional yeast and bread crumbs.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#302377 - 03/16/07 09:44 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Breakfast: Acacia in water, oatmeal porridge or rice/millet porridge made with rice milk, water, or soya milk,and 2 tbsp natural soya yoghurt, stewed fruit - apple,pear,dried mango, or blueberries

Snack: Banana, maybe a couple of low fat Rich Tea biscuits

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup (all SF - carrot and parsnip, celeriac and parsnip, or sweet potato and butternut squash), 2 slices white bread, pretzels, one of Heather's safe cakes

Snack: Small piece of safe cake; soya yoghurt, Acacia and water

Dinner: White rice or potato or sweet potato, chicken or fish, SF vegetable, e.g. carrot or swede (rutabaga in US?), IF vegetable e.g. green beans, spinach

Snack: Safe cake and soya yoghurt, Acacia and water

Yikes - it seems a lot, but I have always been on the underweight side, and seem to have a fast metabolism! I found that when I cut out a lot of the fat I was eating, the weight began to drop off, so I eat lots of safe carbs. I am IBS-C, pain predominant, and so need lots of SF to buffer any IF, which always seems to cause pain. Salads are off the menu at the moment. I have been following the EFI diet for 5 months now and seen a lot of improvements, but probably need longer before I can call myself stable.

#302382 - 03/16/07 11:12 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You sure eat quite a lot of SF for a Cer!!! Doesn't that much SF just make your C worse? I have to eat IF with EVERY meal, and sometimes with my snacks.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: C People ? new
      #302388 - 03/16/07 11:32 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I can do a little salad at the end of dinner, or a lunch salad under certain conditions (feeling stable, haven't had one lately, go for lots of interesting vegetables rather than just a big hunk of iceberg lettuce, and have some SF). They don't make me gassy...unless you're talking about trapped gas and cramping. That's usually a signal that I need to drink more liquids (particularly peppermint tea) and use more Beano and make sure I'm getting SF at every meal.

Oh yeah, and I go for safer things when I'm under stress because I'm way more tolerant of IF and fats when I'm relaxed. Hypno helps with this, of course.

--AC

To Lisa Marie..... new
      #302421 - 03/16/07 04:41 PM
WendySmiling

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: Illinois

Quote:

You sure eat quite a lot of SF for a Cer!!! Doesn't that much SF just make your C worse? I have to eat IF with EVERY meal, and sometimes with my snacks.

I'm JUST starting out and and really sick and trying to just start incorporating IF as I was trying to do the SF only for a few days. How so does one start adding IF in? After a week? I don't want to be C, I'm not at all stable, and I'm scared IF will make me bloat and cramp. I have no idea what foods are safe for me, or how much IF to start out with. I'm just starting out....<shrug>? I have some beans at home that I'm terrified to eat.

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review