All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need advice from the pros...
      #302044 - 03/12/07 06:27 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi everyone. I have been trying to just deal with this on my own, but I'm not having any success. My IBS was almost always C based, with a D attack maybe 3-4 times a year. Well, since being on the fiber (probably a year or so) my BMs got MUCH more normal and I was doing great. Recently, I have started having BMs maybe 5 times a day. They aren't full D, but very soft and urgent, and with some cramping. About a week or so ago, I upped my fiber. I'm now taking 2.5 teaspoons in the morning and 2.5 at night.
I am eating fine-nothing unusual for me at all. I finished my second round of hypno a month or so ago and I certainly don't have a ton of anxiety about this. (Normally, I would have stayed home and cried...now I wait out the bad parts and get out and about afterwards).
Any suggestions? I am trying to lose weight for my wedding in September, and of course am losing it now in a bad way... I don't feel like I absorb anything. I'm nervous to take too much Rx b/c when I do, the next day I am C and then it's that vicious circle again.
So, I am going home for my spring break (I'm in England right now) and thought about a doc appt...but it feels like I am more of an expert on IBS than the docs...and you guys are my most trusted source!
Any suggestions? I tried acidophilis for a month and it didn't sit with me well...so now I don't know! Please give any suggestions, anything that's worked for you...
Thank you all so much!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need advice from the pros... new
      #302047 - 03/12/07 07:19 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

What sort of fiber are you using? Has the formula of it changed?

Even if you haven't changed your diet, have you been eating more or less of anything?

Also, I've noticed things just change for me sometimes. When my IBS was in full flair two years ago, it was very much IBS-D. Now that I'm stable, I'm more of an A. For example, a few weeks ago, I had a BM only every other day. Now I'm back to my usual once a day. And my diet hasn't changed.

Just some stuff to think about. Hope it's at least a little helpful.

#302049 - 03/12/07 07:38 AM
Aly

I'm on Acacia...and it's great. I think it might just be one of those changes...hopefully it'll settle back down and get in control. Thanks for your input!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: Need advice from the pros...BUMP new
      #302202 - 03/13/07 03:03 PM
Aly

--------------------
IBS-A

#302204 - 03/13/07 03:49 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

I figured out ibs-C,D. But what is ibs-A? Does that mean everything is ok? Duh? Fairly new to the board.
wlm

#302206 - 03/13/07 04:05 PM
Aly

IBS A is where it alternates between D & C...I feel like I get both...lucky me..haha

--------------------
IBS-A

I just learned from a post for newbies. Thanks! wlm new
      #302207 - 03/13/07 04:17 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

Aly, I'm confused new
      #311288 - 07/16/07 08:18 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I was searching through some old posts on SFS (specifically Acacia). I found one posted by you saying you couldn't use any SFS because they cause you gas and bloating.

Do you now use Acacia without those side effects?

I am taking Acacia (my last of my SFS) and find that it still causes horrible gas for me...even though I have increased slowly (1/4 tsp once a week).

I've been on it 3 months now. Is this long enough to know the gas isn't gonna go away? I'm afraid what it will be like as I increase, as I'm not even on 1 Tablespoon a day yet.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3868 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review