All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ibs Supplement Questions
      #301820 - 03/08/07 12:49 PM
iamloco724

Reged: 03/08/07

ive been to 2 doctors in the past 2 weeks both think i have ibs i have a gi appointment april 3rd its already been 4 weeks since this all started im 21 year old male.i dont think i can wait another month i wake up with upset stomach and have diherra on and off for most of the afternoon..ive been eating very bland the past 4 weeks after i eat dinner 99 percent of the time at night im consitpated then it starts all over again in the morning this has been going on every day for 4 weeks almost 5 now..so ive been reading about probiotics and fiber supplements..i was wondering if anyone can recommend what combination of things i should start taking to regulate my bowels so im not constipated or have diherra i have pain here and there but most of it is in the morning ..if you can recommend whatever you think i should be taking that would be great i would prefer if its something i can buy in a store rather then ordering online and waiting..like i said i need this asap i have been calm the past 4 weeks but today i got agrivated cause no matter what they couldnt make my gi appointment any sooner im tired of suffering ive already lost 20 lbs within these 4 weeks so im interested in probiotics and fiber supplement and whatever else you think i would need the best combination thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ibs Supplement Questions new
      #301833 - 03/08/07 03:22 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Firstly, if you're not on Heather's diet, start now! Start with the Break the Cycle diet. Second, pick up her acacia fiber. It helps with both C and D. Third, if you haven't read the info at this link, please do so. Here is the store finder for her products.

You're not in this alone. People the world over know how you feel. Get to know the people here on the boards and be sure to ask any questions you have.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#301862 - 03/08/07 08:04 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

I was able to find a fibre supplement at the local health food store. It has worked really well for me. The information packet I recieved specifically talked about the benefits for IBS which was how I knew it was a good one to try. There a quite a few different fibre supplements you can try. On the main website I believe some of the various ones are mentioned. I have a horrible memory so can't remember any of them. I would also reccomend drinking peppermint and fennell tea. They help alot as well, calm things down and makes everything a little bit more comfortable. I am not taking pro-biotics yet so can't help you there..Good luck and stay positive

s.

#301870 - 03/09/07 12:55 AM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

The information packet I received specifically talked about the benefits for IBS which was how I knew it was a good one to try.

Be careful with these. There are many products that claim to cure or help IBS symptoms. And while some of them may help, just as many other are a waste of money or can actually be bad for your type of IBS. Not to say that none of them will help, just a word of caution.

--------------------

#301901 - 03/09/07 10:05 AM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

thanks for the warning, it is working for me right now and has been for the past two months...but I agree that we do need to be very careful

#301925 - 03/09/07 03:51 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

You can buy Heathers book Eating for IBS at your local bookstore, that's were I got it. I use Benefiber and Fibercon, you can buy both at the grocery store. If you have a health food store or an organic store, you'll be able to get the fennel and peppermint tea there, also I found that organic vitimans were easier on my stomach. I just bought a calcium supplement today. I'm IBS-A mostly D, so I went with calcium carbonate. I haven't tried a seperate probitic, so I don't know anything about those. Heathers book will explain how to use all this stuff and give you the guidelines for the diet. It may sound complicated but you'll get the hang of it, and it's while worth the effort. Let us, the board, know how your doing. We've all been there. Good luck
Shannon

--------------------
IBS-A

#301934 - 03/09/07 07:42 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

it is working for me right now

That's great!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review