All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint capsules
      #301679 - 03/07/07 09:40 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I've tried enteric-coated peppermint capsules in the past, and even tho I don't have GERD, I had an annoying pepperminty burning sensation in my gut. Does this happen with Heather's capsules? I'd like to try them.

(IBS-D)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint capsules new
      #301687 - 03/07/07 10:04 AM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

I've not had any trouble with Heather's capsules, but I don't have GERD either. I do usually get a "minty fresh" feeling in the back of my throat, but no burning or discomfort.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#301691 - 03/07/07 10:51 AM
Hrts42

Reged: 02/26/07

I have acid reflux although I believe it's under control. Heathers Peppermint capsules caused some burning but they really caused terrible belching that I could not tolerate.

#301714 - 03/07/07 02:22 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I've been thinking of giving them a try out of desperation. I eat altoids and am fine with them but years ago (10) when i tried enteric peppermint oil I had what felt like mentholated cold and urgent d! my insides felt icey. But different things seem to work at different times for the same people. Accupuncture worked great for me for a few years and then stopped. So, maybe...

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#301723 - 03/07/07 03:49 PM
morrisonjen

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Virginia, USA

I love Heather's peppermint caps! I haven't had any burning at all, they help a lot with my spasms too, so they're great, give 'em a shot!

--------------------
"The end of the dream will be when it matters..."
~Jim Morrison

#301793 - 03/08/07 09:09 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I have horrible GERD, but use the caps anyway, the peppermint burning is not in my gut, but esophages, it's tolerable, it is better when I remember to take my Prevacid, but there are times I don't even know I took one and other times, as soon as I get it swallowed I feel the peppermint.........sometimes they work, others???

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#302619 - 03/20/07 05:54 AM
eisaachsen

Reged: 03/20/07
Loc: northern VA, USA

I just started using the peppermint capsules and I'm sorry to say they give me pretty bad heartburn. Is it absolutely necessary to take them 1 hour before eating? Do they still give some benefit if you take them with food? I don't usually have any problems with heartburn (thank God for small miracles ;-). Peppermint tea really helps me and doesn't cause any heart burn, so I was hoping the capsules would work well, too.

--------------------
IBS-C, gas, bloating
female, age 48

#302763 - 03/21/07 03:07 PM
Dayle

Reged: 12/28/06
Loc: Arizona

I have read many good reports from people using the peppermint capsules. I am sensitive to soy so am unsure if I should try them since they contain soybean oil. Has anyone else with soy sensitivity tried them? If so, what were the results?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5026 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1413

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review