All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sad day
      #301634 - 03/07/07 01:25 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

hi i dont usually post often but find great comfort in reading through all the helpful advice given here, but today I've just had enough! I'm only 19 and i feel like my life has been taken away from me, I cry all the time inside and out, I've had IBS since I was 14 and i live like a recluse, i hardly go out, have no friends cause i cant go out to clubs with them and spend most of my day in the bathroom, i've managed to painstaikingly control my symptoms, I'm mainly C but sometimes D. But today I was supposed to go to the dentist, but I cant go any where unless I've been to the bathroom, because it ususally feels like i need to go all morning, and i have to eat my breakfast until i go. But today there was so much pressure, my dads girlfriend was waiting in the car for me, i still couldn't go, was getting more frustrated and upset with every minute! So she had to go with out me, and i wont be able to get another appointement till november and my tooth is killing me! Plus I'll probubly get fin ed for not going! So i screamed into my pillow beat my matress and flung my clothes at the wall in pure frustration, then burst into tears! It takes alot to make me cry, but today i just snapped! So now i have to wait for my Dad to get home and tell him why i didn't go and listen to another lecture on how i have to push my self more and its all to do with my head and how dissapointed he is! I just cant take it any more!
Thanks for letting me vent, any advice on C is greatly appreciated thanks byex

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sad day new
      #301641 - 03/07/07 05:26 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

Hi. I'm so sorry. You sound very lonely too and that is a bad feeling but I can relate. Have you been to the docter for your condition because it sounds very extreme. Also is some of you not wanting to go because of anxiety along with pain?Is there anyone in your life you can reach out to so you feel less alone? I am c and know how uncomfortable it is. I tried meds but didn't help but some people have success. Hav you kept a food journal to see what foods seem usetting? Hang in there your in my thoughts. Your not a lone
and things can be better.

#301643 - 03/07/07 05:31 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

Wow I'm so sorry to hear that. Before I joined the boards, I was the same way, only with D. I'm still working on getting out of my shell, but I AM able to do things with my friends again. If you look through some of my posts you'll see what I mean.

I can't help in terms of C, but I do have a couple of questions. Do you follow the IBS diet? Do you take fiber supplements (Heathers Acacia?) If you follow the diet, do you balance SF and IF? For C I think you need to add IF, and also maybe take some supplements, like Magnesium.

I know what you mean about having to go in the morning, and feeling like you have to go all morning. Every morning I HAVE to go before leaving the house or else I FREAK and therefore make my IBS worse. But usually I'll go within an hour of getting up,, which is great because the only time I ever leave in the morning is at least a couple hours after I get up anyway.

And with your dad, I know that too. I'm only 17, and they're always telling me to "get over it" and my dad (who has IBS but won't do anything about it) always says, "its all in your head." My friends are supportive but they don't understand completely. Which I don't blame them, even I don't understand completely LOL. But like, one of my friends is always like,"You're sick more than anyone else I know." and stuff like that. All you can do about that is just laugh (haha or at least smile) and say, "Yea, you're right. Isn't that funny?" or something like that.

This is probably a silly idea, but it always helps me when I'm having a bad IBS day. Try writing a journal on what you eat everyday, how you feel after each meal and snack, how much water you get, what vitamins and supplements you take, even when and how often you go to the bathroom. You'll see what exactly causes problems, and you'll notice a pattern that you can follow if it helps or try to end if it makes things worse. Even write your feelings about how upset you are and stuff like that, and maybe if you feel comfortable enough, you can show your dad so he can understand better what you're going through.

Hope this helps, and feel free to vent anytime LOL. Hope things work out for you. Good luck.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#301654 - 03/07/07 07:20 AM
sophiejay

Thank you so much that means the world to me, it can be very lonley, but i do go to see a psychiatrist, and that helps, but its not the same as talking to some one who has IBS too. I have been to numerous doctors i've had this for five years now, i follow the diet and try to eat as much ISF as possible. My anxiety does make my tummy worse, but I think I've found out why i couldn't go, usually if I eat a good amount for dinner, this seems to push things along so in the morn ing i can go fine. But yesturday i didn't eat very much at all for dinner so that could be why. But thankyou for your kindness, you're an absolute angle thanks againx

#301657 - 03/07/07 07:43 AM
sophiejay

hi and thanks for your post,I'm 19, i've had this since I was 14 and haven't been the same since, i had to drop out of college because it was just too much, I've slowly gotten better, but things are still far from perfect. I do keep a journal and a food diary and follow the diet, I dnt take acacia, but I do eat some ISF every day. I'm glad you have friends to hang with and support you, it can make a huge diffeence. My Dads kind of a pain at times too, but his hearts in the right place, he too has a sensative stomache, but he doesn't let the pain stop him from doing anything! And I mean even if he's been in the bathroom all night, he'd be right back out the door the next day. I'm just so not like that! So its hard not to look like a whimp compared to him. But I told him I couldn't go to the dentist and why and he didn't yell at me, I think he saw how upset I really was and he said he just gets worried about me. He can't really help me, and I think sometimes he feels just as lost as I do. But thanks for your kindness and understanding, hope you are doing well too, and feel free to vent on me any time too. byex

#301658 - 03/07/07 07:51 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Natural Calm has been my "cure" for C. It's a magnesium citrate supplement. Definitely give it a shot! You can find it at HFS or order it online.

Exercise!! It's a MUST for us IBS-Cers!

Also sounds like you might benefit from an anti-anxiety medication and/or the IBS hypnosis program. Give them a shot, too!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#301757 - 03/07/07 07:43 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I just want you to know that you are not alone in feeling this way and I'm so sorry that you feel the pressure of everything around you. My IBS-D caused me to miss so many things or usually be late for them like in the dentist situation you explained...weddings...all kinds of "big" events... it really stinks. This site has saved me but it sounds like you are already doing a lot of what Heather suggests. Do you have the books and do you follow the diet religiously? How about your water intake and excercise? I can't advise about Natural Calm or magnesium but other Cers seem to do well with them.

If you haven't been to a doctor, get to one fast and get all the necessary tests with your dad right there to listen. You need to find a compassionate GI or even regular physician who is empathetic and can explain to him that this is not "in your head." At my last doctor's appt., I told my doc about being apprehensive about taking anti-anxiety meds for my anxiety about going out, etc... She said, "Your anxiety is based on something that's REAL"...basically saying that it is justified. I agree that you may be helped by the hypno or maybe even some meds but only your doc can advise you about that. Most importantly, I think the support of your family will take off lots of pressure...I feel so much better now that my husband finally "gets it" (well as best as an non-IBSer can) and is supportive.

Hang in there. Everyone here knows and can relate to what you are going through. You WILL find a way to take small steps to improving and then eventually you will be better able to go out and socialize. Feel better.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#301758 - 03/07/07 07:51 PM
MySumoBaby

Reged: 10/22/06
Loc: California

I empathize with all of you. My Dad is also someone who thinks that IBS is triggered by stress only. he thinks i just need to learn how to deal with stress better-something everyone needs to do most likely. The thing is, IBS creates so much stress, so how do i avoid it? The rest of my family is very supportive though which makes it much easier to deal with. I used to go over to my parents for dinner and would feel bad asking them to make a chicken breast instead of a big steak for me, but now I know they understand i'm doing it so I won't have a horrible morning the next day. It's amazing how having support can help you deal so much better.

~Erica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1253

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review