All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So Depressed and I've just about had It
      #301363 - 03/04/07 06:56 AM
Lorenzo

Reged: 10/25/06
Loc: Ontario, Canada

My Dr. has told me that if after talking the Zelnorm and following the IBS diet and I still have problems (Im IBSC/Wheat Intolerant) he is probably going to remove part or most of my bowel/and intestines. Does anyone have any similiar experience on this. Im really scared.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So Depressed and I've just about had It new
      #301368 - 03/04/07 09:16 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

How long have you been on Heather's Diet, and have you followed it strictly? Do you take a SFS?

If I were you, I'd get a second opinion.

Edited by Gracie (03/04/07 09:16 AM)

I agree with Gracie (m) new
      #301371 - 03/04/07 09:28 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Get a second opinion. Removing part of your intestines is a big deal and it doesn't seem appropriate for IBS plus wheat intolerance unless there's something else going on.

You don't say where you live but you can check this thread for doctors in your area. If you don't find one, try posting and asking if anyone knows of a good IBS doctor near where you are.

I would also try Heather's approach and be really diligent about it. There are a number of posters who are wheat intolerant and/or gluten intolerant so you can follow the guidelines while avoiding wheat. You can take a look at this thread for some gluten-free ideas and some suggested Searches.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: I agree with Gracie (m) new
      #301388 - 03/04/07 02:21 PM
Langley99

Reged: 07/19/06

Don't lose hope! Jeez!! FIGHT.

I have IBS. I am on modulon (trimebutine) and prevacid (for the burps! ). those medications did a sort of adequate job for me but what really turned things around 200% was fibre. 4 fibre pills in the morning with my breakfast (which is simple, just peanut butter on toast).

I don't have nearly the problems now that I did when I ordered that hypnosis CD set from this site (which i never finished...).

Fibre.
It's the key. It can help constipation by slicking the 'track' and also can help diarrhea by keeping the waste in a gel matrix.

With fibre, stools are now normal.

If you can't tolerate psyllium (which many people have a gas problem) then try Heather's Acacia Tummy Fibre (tm).

Re: So Depressed and I've just about had It new
      #301393 - 03/04/07 03:10 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Get another opinion. That's an awfully extreme solution. I've never heard of any GI wanting to remove anything for IBS or wheat intolerance. Keep us posted on how the 2nd opinion goes.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: I agree with Gracie (m) new
      #301413 - 03/04/07 07:11 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I don't get it. Are you saying the hypno cd's made your ibs worse, or were you trying to cure your IBS without any dietary changes?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1287

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review