All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Severe Pain - Please Advise/Painkillers
      #300836 - 02/27/07 03:59 AM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

I've recently REALLY hurt my back - I have no idea how (I was in the ER on Friday night while me and my DH were supposed to be at the Orlando Magic Basketball game!). The ER dr prescribed a painkiller (Hydrocodone). It has destroyed my stomach - even when taken on a full stomach. I'm IBS-D and actually had to miss work yesterday more bc of what the meds did to my stomach than for the actual backache. My chiropractor told me to stop taking the painkiller but didn't know what to prescribe that wouldn't hurt my stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions for a painkiller that won't destroy all the hard work following Heather's diet? THANKS SO MUCH. I'm desperate.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Severe Pain - Please Advise/Painkillers new
      #300878 - 02/27/07 12:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You can try Tylenol - that seems to be safest for a lot of IBSers - but if that doesn't do the trick, I don't know what to suggest. I've been on a lot of strong painkillers (gotta love bad teeth!), and pretty much every one I've tried has the same gut effects. Sorry!

#300880 - 02/27/07 02:06 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Well, there are non pill options if you are willing and depending on how bad the pain is. I threw my back out last year and had some theaputic massages which helped a great deal. Also, I dispise taking pills of any kind so I use alot of those A535 type patches. I'm sure you have seen them on tv. Like a heating pad without the cord type things.. They help..

#300901 - 02/27/07 04:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I have a lot of luck with Aleve. Hot baths, heating pads? Or maybe those handy little heat patches that are supposed to be used for menstrual cramps?

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1681 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review