All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Post Cereals Switch to Whole Grain
      #300538 - 02/22/07 05:48 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

I apologize if this has already been dealt with. I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this on the board but I haven't been around lately. Anyway, I was just at the supermarket and noticed, to my chagrin, that my favourite safe cereal Honey Combs has changed to whole grain along with all the other Post Cereals I saw on the shelf. I'm in Canada - perhaps this is old news in the states? I'm just wondering if the original product is still for sale or have they simply replaced them? I'm totally bummed. I ate this cereal everyday. It's ridiculous but I can't believe how disappointed I am. I have IBS, GERD and food allergies so my options are limited.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Post Cereals Switch to Whole Grain new
      #300547 - 02/22/07 07:00 PM
MominMaine

Reged: 02/20/07

I like them, too, for a snack. The Kraft/Post website lists the ingredients as CORN FLOUR AND BRAN BLEND (CORN FLOUR, WHOLE GRAIN CORN FLOUR, CORN BRAN), SUGAR, WHOLE GRAIN OAT FLOUR... I think that as long as the corn flour is a greater quantity than the combination of all of the IF ingredients, then the cereal should still be safe.

yep still safe new
      #300554 - 02/22/07 08:44 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

If it is whole grain wheat it is not safe.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#300562 - 02/22/07 09:40 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Maybe that's the problem... We bought Honeycombs recently and they were absolutely disgusting! I don't know what they changed, but they are NOT the same. I was very disappointed!!

It won't be safe for me, too much IF -nt- new
      #300573 - 02/23/07 05:34 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#300588 - 02/23/07 08:32 AM
tanawana

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: youngstown, OH

I'm new and when I started looking this week myself, it seems everything has gone the Whole Grain approach. Cereals, rice cakes, oatmeals. Even Rice Krispies had things I would like to avoid like HFCS. I ended up finding what I needed at a health food store.

#300607 - 02/23/07 01:28 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

My concerns aside, it seems likely the newly formulated product is terrible tasting:
HoneyComb Honey

I find more and more supermarket products are going wholegrain too. It's such a pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review