All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Replacement for Gatorade? new
      #300459 - 02/21/07 08:02 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Try Blue Sky - Blue Sport....I've been drinking a lot of that since I am training for a half marathon. I picked it out because it does not have high fructose corn syrup in it. That seems to be a trigger for me. I first found it at an organic foods store, but then I found it later at just a local supermarket. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Kathy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#300612 - 02/23/07 01:51 PM
helper

Reged: 02/20/07

I don't know if it's "safe" or not but it is the best Gatorade type product on the market. Gookingaid.......www.gookinaid.com

#300652 - 02/24/07 09:29 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I tried to sort this out a while back and came up with this. It might help or it might just confuse you more but as you'll see I don't think the glucose-fructose syrup in Gatorade is the same as HFCS.

There is a recipe on the Recipe Board for a sports drink here. The orange juice in it does contain fructose but it's diluted by a lot of water. Unfortunately, it's one of those things you'll just have to try to see if you can tolerate it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

glucose-fructose in Canada new
      #300662 - 02/24/07 12:21 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Sand,

The labelling of HFCS in Canada is confusing too.

The 'glucose-fructose' label in Canada means "glucose syrups and isomerized glucose syrups, singly or in combination, where the fructose fraction does not exceed 60 percent of the sweetener on a dry basis."

HFCS-42% and HFCS-55% both qualify as glucose-fructose under the Canadian labeling laws. If there is more than 60% fructose by weight it has to be labelled as 'fructose syup'.

See Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 2003 Guide to Food Labelling and Advertising for more information.

There is a good discussion of HFCS labelling problem at the Sugar Association web site.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

NT - Powdered Gatorade has no HFCS. It's sweetened with dextrose. new
      #300681 - 02/24/07 05:50 PM
David Shepherd

Reged: 02/04/06

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3507 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review