All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I need a hug
      #29953 - 12/03/03 07:17 PM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I had the worst attack of my life today. It started about 1 p.m. and ended (hopefully) at about 4 p.m. All I had was chicken soup. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I didn't bother to have anything first, and I didn't realize the second ingredient was "chicken fat". I was just trying to nurse my bronchitis with some hot soup!

I can't get over how bad the attack was, and I am scared now to move, eat, or do anything. I am so sad and depressed, I even cried during some of the attacks.

Now my fiancee and I are fighting because he wants me to go to the doctor and thinks that this diet isn;t working. I tried to tell him that I have tried everything at the docotr, and it didn't work, but he says "there must be something else they can do".

I need some support, please from those who truly understand.

Love,
Laurel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need a hug new
      #29959 - 12/03/03 08:13 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I think Chicken fat must be the worst trigger, it got me once mixed secretly in some risotto I ate. Spent the next day searching for restrooms while on vacation. I feel your pain. Tell your boyfriend it was your fault (one not uncommon with us as we can't be 100% good all the time), not the diets, he should understand.

#29961 - 12/03/03 08:19 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Laurel, I'm so sorry! I know exactly what you're going through. I had a terrible attack last Friday and am just now getting back to eating semi-normal foods again. I know that feeling of being afraid to eat anything. But just start really slow, with foods that you know are very safe for you. Yes, there's a chance even they will bother you, but you have to eat something! Stick to breads, dry cereals, etc for a while until you're feeling more stable. And drink lots of peppermint tea! And remember, there's nothing wrong with crying. I've certainly done it many times when I'm frustrated with my IBS. But you will get through this, I promise! Hang in there, and big hugs are coming your way!

*HUGS*
Kree

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

thank you... new
      #29963 - 12/03/03 08:21 PM
Laurel

... Geez, if I would have known I would get sick like that, I could have eaten a *damn cheeseburger* and enjoyed my meal a heck of alot more!!

LOL!
Laurel

*hugs back to you* thank you! ~nt~ new
      #29965 - 12/03/03 08:23 PM
Laurel

#29967 - 12/03/03 08:24 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I'm sorry you had a rough time with your IBS on top of already being sick. Hope you fell better soon.
The next time you want to eat chicken soup - buy fat free chicken stock made by swansons. You can add your ingred. to it.
I find the premade soups are hard to digust and you will also find MSG in some of those soups.
Feel better.

#29968 - 12/03/03 08:31 PM
Laurel

I guess I learned a hard lesson today about chicken soup being a worst trigger. I just was not thinking clearly with being sick and all already.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. They are well recieved!

Laurel

Re: Big hugs for you! new
      #29969 - 12/03/03 08:46 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I know exactly how that goes and as soon as I eat something bad, I instantly start going "darnit, why couldn't I have eatten something really good that would have given me the same attack? LOL"

Hope you start feeling better!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Chicken soup is NOT as good as Mc Donald's!! LOL! (nt) new
      #29970 - 12/03/03 08:54 PM
Laurel

Re: thank you... new
      #29977 - 12/03/03 11:03 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can relate to that totally.......mmmmm a Big Mac and Fries........now that's almost worth it............lol. I ate the BEST BBQ pork sandwich last month, it was almost worth it had I been home, but while out of town, definitely not worth it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2846 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1565

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review