All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need C help, fast!! (Question about Aloe Vera Juice)
      #29934 - 12/03/03 05:18 PM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

I am taking Zelnorm (I basically think it's worthless), acidophilus (100 mg capsules), and drinking peppermint/fennel tea (a combo I found ). I also have been eating soy yogurt, oatmeal, safe cereal with soymilk, and pretzels. I am bloated and have gas, and cannot for the life of me have a BM... it's all stuck inside me and wants to come out, but can't I have been exercising regularly.

Here's the problem, I have a sorority formal (like prom) this Friday, and I don't want to try to wear my dress when I am bloated, gassy, and feel like pooh (wishing I could take one... lol).

I've read past posts, and someone had mentioned Aloe Vera juice. I found it in the health store nearby (open 24 hours ); it was a large amount, and $expensive$. But, if someone has used it (carefully) and it really WORKS! (in other words, I'll most likely have a BM) I'm going to go pick it up. I know our bodies are all different, but I am desperate If anyone else has any ideas for C, let me know!!!

Thanks everyone, you've been wonderful!!!!!

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Some suggestions... new
      #29937 - 12/03/03 05:41 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

Try using an enema or milk of magnesia to clean yourself out. 4 T of M of M usually works for me (I take it before bed). I can usually get regular after I take that dose once or twice (but NOT two days in a row). Good luck!

Also, crunches help me...

And waking up early to drink tea and then eat a light breakfast...

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: Need C help, fast!! (Question about Aloe Vera Juice) new
      #29939 - 12/03/03 05:43 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

I'm sorry to hear about your C. I can only imagine what it's like in college. I had IBS-C for the last part of school but already had a boyfriend and didn't have to worry about dating! I'm sorry but I can't say anything about the juice. I know it's not great to take milk of magnesia but some times when i am desperate I take it. Then the next day it's almost like I have mild D instead but at least I'm clear!! I wish I could be more help. Try to enjoy the formal!

Thanks!! new
      #29951 - 12/03/03 07:11 PM
bauie25

Loc: Iowa

I just wanted to tell you both thanks for your advice. I'll go pick up some Milk of Magnesia. One question, if I go to bed at 1 and plan on getting up at 6 AM-- I'm not going to have to run to the bathroom @ class?? (Class is at 8 AM) What time should I take the M/M??

Also, Shanna, did you ever try the aloe vera juice? Did it taste okay? Did it work? Thanks

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Re: Thanks!! new
      #29979 - 12/04/03 06:24 AM
kctrun

Loc: Virginia

I have been using the aloe vera occasionally and do think that it helps somewhat. I got mine at Vitiman World, the prices are good at that store. I bought the "tasteless" liquid gel form and it is not too bad. I take about 2 ounces when needed and then have a small shot of cranberry juice to wash out any after taste.
Hope the Milk of Mag is helpful, Sounds like I should pick some up for emergencies.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review