All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe, FUN drinks while on a cruise??
      #299109 - 02/06/07 11:47 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm leaving for a cruise on Sunday, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on safe drinks I can enjoy on my trip? I don't really like alcohol, so I don't miss that, but what about fruity drinks like virgin daiquiris? Is everything but water (and my usual tea) off limits??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe, FUN drinks while on a cruise?? new
      #299118 - 02/06/07 12:56 PM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

If they're making the drinks fresh, not from mixes, tons of fruity drinks would be okay virgin-style, depending on your tolerance for juices. Look at some recipes online before you go (http://www.drinkalizer.com/is pretty good) and then ask the bartender some questions. If you tip well, you should be good and hooked up the whole cruise!

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#299134 - 02/06/07 02:25 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

I went on a cruise last june and finding something to drink was the hardest. The only drinks that are free are coffee, lemonaide, ice tea, and fruit punch there in those fountain machinces, so I have no idea what's in them. Everything else costs money including bottled water, which can add up fast. The next time I go I'll bring some water and my teas with me. You can also buy more bottled water when you make port it will be less expensive that way, than buying one bottle at time on the ship. I don't drink beer or mixed drinks, so I didn't pay attention to how they were made. I know the coke, (my husband drinks it) came in cans so maybe the fruit drinks come in mixes due to storage issues I'm not sure. They have a ton of food to choose from, so that's not a problem, you can literaly eat 24 hours if you wanted. Be careful about touching the hand rails and elevator buttons, usually someone else pushed the floor you need, I saw alot of people get stomach problems, mostly sevre d. b/c of a virus. Take hand santizer with you. Have fun and be sure to check out the spa! The hot oil and scalp massage was fantatic.
shannonm

p.s. put your swimsuit and maybe an extra pair of shorts or something in your carry on, that way if you want to hit the pool right away you can b/c it took several hours to get our suitcases, they bring them to your room.

--------------------
IBS-A

#299278 - 02/07/07 04:41 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't really tried drinking juice - I'm afraid to! And I've been feeling really good IBS-wise for awhile now, so I guess I'll just play it safe and stick to water and tea. It's cheaper!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6478 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review