All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Incredibly Frustrated
      #299019 - 02/05/07 06:07 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

So - I've been feeling really, really good - up until about 3 weeks ago. My stomach finally figured out its place in this world and my flair ups were infrequent (maybe one a month around THAT time!). Since I was feeling so good I decided I wanted to try to lose weight (AGAIN). I ordered the 6 Week Body Makeover program (I posted about this before - BAD NEWS) and stuck to the plan religiously. This plan has taken me back to the days before I started feeling stable. Stomach aches everyday, pain during the day, etc. (I'm IBS-D). Had a regular turkey sandwich today with all the right stuff and still my stomach cramped up and I had D! My frustration is in convincing myself that my weight is fine right now and I need to refocus my energies on getting my stomach back to where it was before I tried this stupid diet (I stopped after the first week and will be receiving a refund from the company). I guess I'm mostly disappointed bc I lost 10 lbs in the first week and the diet was working for the weight loss part. Sometimes it's so difficult to remember that we are not well and can not always try the gimmicks that otherwise healthy people can try. I think what I need is a reminder of a healthy eating day. I was stable for so long that I was able to eat really anything I wanted with little issue. Would anyone be willing to map out their day for me so I can remember what to eat for the next few days to get stable? I will also be rereading Heather's book (it won't be tough, I've made so many notes in the margins!). Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have the boards to jump back on. THANKS!

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Incredibly Frustrated new
      #299020 - 02/05/07 06:29 PM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

You are lucky that you have been able to stablize. Please do not do any harm to the good work you have done..no more pills for dieting. Your body is working hard enough just to stablize. Keep doing good work and for me, I have found that the "plate" works...divide your plate into four sections. Fill one section with a carb..ibs smart always, then another section with an ibs meat, then another with steemed veges (but not more than one inch high) and one section with an ibs fruit. I do this, and you can lose weight the smart way with this, and continue to stablize. It works, and you feel and have good energy. THen for snacks, go ahead and eat something light but ibs smart that is a dry food and can go in your purse. You never feel abslutly dependant and always carry a few tea bags as well.
Love your body and us with ibs, well, we will always be naturally healthy and beautiful,
good luck
Time

#299022 - 02/05/07 06:38 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

What a beautiful reply. I'm trying so hard to remember all that. I know rereading the book will help the most. Thanks for your kind words.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

#299117 - 02/06/07 12:52 PM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

Don't think of it as not being well. Your gut is just more sensitive. Any program on which you can lose 10 lbs in one week isn't a very healthy one -- you shouldn't lose weight that much faster than you can gain it. Likely it causes problems for other users, too, but not as quickly. Your body saved itself.

Being healthy is much more important than a number on a scale. And it's much more enjoyable. I'm sorry you're not stable now, but you'll get back there and relish it even more this time.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#299123 - 02/06/07 01:23 PM
DANA328

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: FLORIDA

I AM STILL TRYING TO GET A STABLE GUT. LISTENING TO YOUR STORY MAKES ME FEEL THAT I AM NOT ALONE. NO ONE REALLY UNDERSTANDS UNTIL THEY HAVE WALKED IN THE SAME SHOES. I AM STILL WAITING FOR HEATHER'S FIRST IBS BOOK.(JUST 2 DAYS) I HOPE AND PRAY YOU GET STABLE SOON. JUST WHEN I THINK I'M DOING GOOD, AN IBS ATTACK PUTS ME DOWN FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS. KEEP WRITING AND SPREADING YOUR KNOWLEDGE THANKS DANA

#299127 - 02/06/07 01:46 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I am so sorry to hear your pain, as I live it and have been for almost 20 years. Mine has gotten worse since a recent surgery and I have been unable to stabilize....it's sad and I cry just about everyday. I did find that there was a time in my life my tummy was better when I weighed the most. There are two way to help, I believe the what to eat when you can't eat anything and the breaking the cycle, I don't know if that is the same or not. I know there is a link, but I don't know how to send it to you, maybe if you do a search.

I'm a nurse, so just remember it is not safe to lose more than 1 to 2 pounds a week. Your body starts saving your fat reserve when you lose that much weight all at once. I know we get excited when we lose that much, but gradual is better in the long run. You will be in my prayers. I just had a CT scan today and am STILL having diarrhea from the contrast, I was hoping it would be gone by now!!. Life with IBS sucks!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6525 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1016

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review