All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
HELP AGAIN PLEASE/ ABDOMINAL CT TUESDAY/DAIRY NOTE
      #298867 - 02/04/07 11:45 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi everyone, I need help with safe fruit juice suggestions. I have to have my CT scan Tuesday and I can't swallow barium because of my GERD, I throw up, so they give you the really bitter tasting stuff, but let you mix it in fruit juice, they were going to use crystal light, but tht has artifical sweetners and is always tart...hmmm... anyway, what are some safe fruit juices that are 100% fruit juice that I could mix this stuff in. I have to drink about 32ounces of it and the juice combined. Thanks
OH and by the way he wants a oral, RECTAL (OMG) and IV CT done, I've never had a rectal CT done. eeeekkkkk Oh the new GI doctor I saw Friday told me that everyone can eat dairy, they just have to know their limit and as long as they use lactaid they will be fine...........he's scaring me

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP AGAIN PLEASE/ ABDOMINAL CT TUESDAY/DAIRY NOTE new
      #298875 - 02/04/07 01:37 PM
yvette71

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Salem, MA

Does it have to be juice? My first inclination would be Caffiene free iced Tea with sugar....if it had to be juice, maybe I'd pick Capri Sun fruit punch or even Invisible Kool-Aid....Personally I'd be afraid all that 100% fruit juice would start percolating something fierce.
Could you water down the juice a little? How about Pure unsweetened Cranberry juice...I thought I read someere that might be OK for IBS people (Good Grief unsweetned...get ready to pucker!)

So the new GI...you don't sound too impressed with him?
I hope your test go OK

--------------------
IBS-A (Currently in stuck in heinous IBS-D land)

Re: HELP PLEASE/ ABDOMINAL CT TUESDAY/DAIRY NOTE new
      #298876 - 02/04/07 01:45 PM
LtDanFan

Anything sweet, to counteract the bitter.....I drank a lot of real cranberry juice after my surgery, but had a lot of BM problems once the ole intestinal tract started working...I just need something safe and sweet, besides water and yes, I can water down any juice, just as long as I'm getting the dose of the contrast (the bitter) stuff I need for the procedure.
And no, I'm not pleased with the GI guy, I think he thinks I'm looking for drugs for my pain, I don't even take tylenol.....And he kept telling me I'd have to be patient, well I've been dealing with this for over 20 years and with doctors since 1992, how much more patient can I get!! My first doc retired, my second doc retired and my third doc wanted me eating lamb for 5 days, just lamb......and pretty much told me that I have him stumped.

Anyway, anything that is SWEET and safe to mix this stuff with. Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#298878 - 02/04/07 02:02 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

my first thought was cranberry juice but that has already been mentioned. I drink it sometimes but I have to water it down. I hope someone else has some ideas. I don't drink juice often because of GERD.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#298879 - 02/04/07 02:05 PM
LtDanFan

Yeah, I don't do juice either, once in a while I'll have a tiny bit of OJ, no pulp, 100% natural, but other than that it's water and tea, which I do have to admit I'm getting very tired of!!! I'm dying for an IBC rootbeer

--------------------

#298904 - 02/04/07 06:29 PM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

If they can use crystal light, presumably they can use Kool-Aid? With real, regular sugar? That can be made sweet enough to cover anything, really.

Otherwise, I'd suggest pineapple juice -- it's sweet, you can strain out the pulp, and it doesn't aggrevate GERD (not for me, at least).

Your new doc sounds like kind of a jerk. I hope your tests go well.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#298908 - 02/04/07 08:27 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I wouldn't go to that GI. Lactaid, to my knowledge, is only for lactose intolerance. But it isn't only lactose in milk that can give people problems. He should know that.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: HELP AGAIN PLEASE/ ABDOMINAL CT/RAKSASI new
      #298918 - 02/05/07 05:13 AM
LtDanFan

Is Kool-Aid safe? I will get my some and make it myself and take it there, she said I could bring my own. I want to get the powdered, I'm guessing because I'm sure the premade is full of HFCS....Thanks for the suggestion

--------------------

#298919 - 02/05/07 05:18 AM
LtDanFan

Thanks hoho, I am so discouraged right now because of this guy. I really think because I was focusing on this disturbing new pain for two weeks now and my massive colon spasm pain I have when I have an attack, that he thinks I wanted pain meds, when all I wanted was a doctor that would be a little sympathetic and help me. Not run more of the same tests because he doesn't trust another doctors test and report!! I'm thinking a 4th colonoscopy would be pointless right, my last one was in 2005.....I'm so discouraged....he dd give me a glimmer of hope about eating cheese, but I didn't and won't!!

--------------------

#298957 - 02/05/07 09:54 AM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

The plain, unsweetened powdered is marginally safe. It can be a little irritating because of the citric acid used in it, but I think that's my GERD, not IBS. Hope it works for you!

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#298982 - 02/05/07 01:06 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

One alternative to KoolAid is to make a batch of herbal fruit tea, sweetened with sugar, and refrigerate it. You get fruit, you get sweet, you get no artificial colors or flavorings. What's not to like?

--AC

I found invisible kool-aid for my CT Scan new
      #298996 - 02/05/07 02:18 PM
LtDanFan

I found invisible cherry kool-aid, I'm gonna use that, I made it extra sweet. I'm happier now!! Thanks everyone for all your help. I didn't know Kool-Aid was safe. I'm going to start drinking it every once in a while.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2719 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2227

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review