All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How to know,,,
      #298593 - 01/31/07 02:54 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

,,, what bothers you without too much experimenting? Like, I don't know FOR SURE exactly what bothers my stomach, so I'v just been avoiding pretty much everything. What are some things that bother MOST people, and what are things that bother SOME people, and things that bother EVERYONE? I want to try to compile a list of things to avoid without actually trying everything and getting sick more often than not, if you know what I mean. With 6 kids in the family, we have a very busy lifestyle, and since I'm the oldest, I usually have to go everywhere with everyone so I can keep an eye on the little kids, so I can't afford to be getting sick everyday lol. Haha and sorry for all the questions, even though I've had IBS unofficially for about 4 years and officially for only a couple months, I'm very new to this and I've always been very curious about anything and everything, so I know I'll have TONS of questions about this lol. And thanks everyone who puts up with me And thanks in advance for everyone who helps me on this. You all are awesome!

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How to know,,, new
      #298616 - 01/31/07 05:45 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Ask away. That's what this board is for. Okay, I am primarily IBS-D, maybe a little A and I have GERD so these are the things that I stay away from:
orange juice
eggs
dairy (I am trying things with traces of dairy now that I am more stable) but never a "straight up" dairy like a slice of cheese or something. Only substitues or a bite or two of the real thing.
raw vegetables (and even semi-soft veggies...I have to have them REALLY soft and then I'm fine)
onions (cooked or raw)
fried foods of any kind or any dish that is too oily (I used to love it but now it grosses me out if I take a bite and it is too greasy)
red meat
green beans (I eat them but in small quantities b/c they give me gas, or I take Beano before)
I DO eat some whole grain and whole wheat products now with an sf base and in small quantities but most people steer away from these I think more often than not
Peanut butter (I can only eat a teaspoon or so...seems to give me gas)
Hope that helps.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#298635 - 02/01/07 05:55 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Yeah, it's hard to know... esp when you can't afford to do trial and error.

What I don't eat:
- fatty things... not even ice cream... not even soy or rice ice cream (they are either too sweet for me, or not good enough). I can eat skinny cow, though... I don't avoid dairy (except now that I am back on BTC)
- egg yolks
- beans of all kinds (including soy, green beans and the like)
- I just make sure the SF is enough before I take some other kind of SF. Well, I just destabilized so I guess I didn't do a good job. My portions were getting larger (because I coundn't afford the time for snacks)...

Anyway... If you have anything specific, ask on the board ans you can cound the "go"s and "no go"s in the responses and see whether it is tollerated enough for you to try it.

--J

#298636 - 02/01/07 06:05 AM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Quote:

If you have anything specific, ask on the board ans you can cound the "go"s and "no go"s in the responses and see whether it is tollerated enough for you to try it.

You can also do this by searching the boards. I do this all the time when unsure about a food.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 541

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review