All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Weather and IBS new
      #298724 - 02/02/07 10:20 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Heather addresses this in her book, most of which can be found on this website. weather and ibs It's not your imagination!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I really didn't think I would be in this position again. Well I am! SOMEONE, PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ. new
      #299149 - 02/06/07 04:57 PM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Back to square one. After the clam sauce I have been on and off for over a week. Two days good and then bam, the d comes back. Sunday 3 hours after eating toast with a smear of tofutti, I started to cramp. I thought being not having a BM for 2 days (from all the rice and bananas) I thought it was time. The pain I was in was as bad as childbirth. Contractions, on and off. Hard stools, getting softer with each contraction. 1/2 hr later Im off doing my cooking for superbowl party. It hits me again. on the bowl another 1/2 hr. this happened 3 times and by mid afternoon, I was ok. Superbowl dinner good. I ate chicken, breads, crackers, a few pretzels and drank only water and fennel tea. Next morning (monday) I drank an 8 oz. shake made of soy milk, 1/2 banana and 2 strawberries. Im fine,and still hungry, I decided to make some oatmeal. After 2 bites, the rumbling starts and it was a repeat of Sunday for 3 hours on and off but it was worse. I almost took myself to the emergency room. It finaly stopped. I was fine for a dinner of consumme soup and steamed potatoes mmmmmmmmmm so delicious. no bms yet. This morning I was fine. I went out shopping for food -no bms. I got home and ate 2 slices of real turkey from the deli- not the filler, artificial kind...real breast. Now its doing the peeing BMs with some cramps. What to do? My mom says I need protein so I made 2 white of egg and steamed potato omlet on toast. That was an hour ago....nothing yet. Can you figure this out? I have a GI appt. on Thursday. I think I want the colonoscopy now. Thanks for reading. You guys listen better than my Doctor and they get paid. ADDING. weds. morning. slept all night, no bm after egg dinner yet.

Edited by Joannelcoq (02/07/07 05:39 AM)

Re: Saw GI today. Colonoscopy scheduled new
      #299227 - 02/07/07 11:41 AM
Joannelcoq

He took me in early and scheduled a colonoscopy. Says he wants to take some biopsies of the ilium and other areas looking for microscopic thingys. He also highly recommends I take the probiotic Florastor which is the Saccharomyces boulardi organism. Can I take any brand that is the Sacch.boulardi bacteria?? Florastor is expensive. Sorry for all the posts. I really need to vent. My husband is tired of it and I dont want to burden him much more. He works 15 hrs a day and I can understand him being mentally drained. Thanks all.
Joanne

Re: I really didn't think I would be in this position again. new
      #299228 - 02/07/07 11:48 AM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

I have found the same problem while I am trying to gain weight. I do great for a short time and feel confident that I am gaining weight safely, and then wham! And I am down for the count and a few days later, no matter what I eat the D continues, I have lost enough weight to weigh less than when I began to gain weight.

Of course now I have D everyday, at least twice a day. Since having surgery last summer I have had chronic D, which really has my healing process on hold.

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Re: Saw GI today. Colonoscopy scheduled new
      #299486 - 02/10/07 05:28 PM
Joannelcoq

Nothing yet... a bit constipated now. I am never ever constipated. I hope I dont explode. 3 days countdown to colonoscopy.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2826

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review