All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spaghetti Sauce
      #298529 - 01/31/07 05:51 AM
annaj

Reged: 01/27/07

I am doing the break the cycle diet and just finished the first few days and am ready to start incorporating other foods. For the pasta, is spaghetti sauce ok? If not, what type of sauces are ok b/c I want to try and incorporate some veggies?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spaghetti Sauce new
      #298572 - 01/31/07 12:05 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You can try a *little* tomato sauce, sure. Some people have problems with the acidity - others, like me, can handle it just fine. Start with small amounts, and be sure to pick a brand that's low in fat and contains no trigger foods. I like the Ragu Garden Style or whatever it's called - it's a thick and chunky one, but without tons of oil or any meat products.

#298573 - 01/31/07 12:06 PM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

I'd go real light on the sause. It can be a bit gassy and if your not yet stable be careful. I use Newman's Own Marinara. When I am not using sauce I use Earth Balance as a substitute for butter and a little salt to get by.

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

#298575 - 01/31/07 12:12 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If you don't do well with the sauce, try this. Mock sauce It's really good, safe, easy to make and perfect over pasta!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#298661 - 02/01/07 11:21 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I use Amy's Family Marinara (I didn't like the low-sodium variety and haven't tried the other flavors). My husband and I absolutely LOVE it. Also, it's just about the only sauce I've tried that doesn't make me feel acidy at all. It comes in a jar, not a can, and is made from organic tomatoes, not processed stuff. No preservatives, etc. It's really delicious and easy on my tummy. I'd start out with that and see how you do.

I usually throw in some tofu (extra firm, drained, cut into 1/4" cubes - about 1/3 of the package) and simmer for about 15-20 minutes over low heat. Then serve over lots of pasta with French bread on the side.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 809

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review