All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
blackberry recipe
      #298334 - 01/28/07 10:38 AM

Unregistered

does anyone have a simple recipe with blackberries or any ideas, i have some and need to use them today or tommorow before they're rotten.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Blackberry Cobbler new
      #298338 - 01/28/07 11:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My favorite is blackberry cobbler... you may need to adjust the sugar for the filling, I measure everything approximately, and just taste it and see.

3 cups blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch

Mix well and place in baking dish. Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 400 degrees, let bake until hot. While the filling is heating, make the topping:

1 cup reduced-fat Bisquick
1/4 cup soy or rice milk
1-2 tbsp sugar

Mix well, until soft dough forms.

Drop into 6 mounds on the hot filling. Return to the oven, and bake until the topping is golden-brown, about 18-20 minutes.

Re: blackberry recipe new
      #298396 - 01/29/07 11:16 AM

Unregistered

i only have about half a cup...it was like $4 for it, what can i do with that...

Re: blackberry recipe new
      #298409 - 01/29/07 01:04 PM
atomic rose

In that case, I would make muffins.

Start by laying the berries out on a plate and stick them in the freezer while you make the muffin batter - having them partially frozen will keep them from turning to mush when you fold them into the batter.

Looking through the recipes in the index, I would probably use this recipe, cut in half. Use 1 egg white instead of the egg, and yogurt instead of the sour cream. If you can't find soy yogurt where you are - or don't want the added expense - try adding just a little more soy milk, maybe a couple tablespoons, plus a tablespoon of canola oil.

or... new
      #298411 - 01/29/07 01:08 PM
atomic rose

If the idea of muffins isn't grabbing you, just freeze them. Lay them out on the plate, and let them freeze SOLID. Then put them in a ziplock bag and stick them in the freezer until you're feeling more inspired to use them. Just be aware that they will be MUSH when you thaw them, so they're definitely going to have to be used in baking, or something cooked.

Personally, I use frozen berries all the time - I cook them in with my oatmeal, about 1/4 cup per serving.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review