All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
feeling bad in the morning
      #298296 - 01/27/07 06:06 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

I bought Heather's book a year or so ago, before I found the website. I've been following her diet since then. I have gotten rid of almost all of my symptoms (I have some flare ups once a month, probably like most women) then went away for the holidays, came back and haven't been right since. I haven't changed anything, but I feel really bad in the mornings, about 1:oo or 2:00pm I'm fine. (Not pregant, already took the test) I have the same breakfast everyday, cooked rolled oats (not instant)with alittle brownsugar and a piece of tost, then a fruit smoothie and my teas, I've even had to drink extra peppermint tea to settle my stomach. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advise or suggestions would be great!
Thanks

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: feeling bad in the morning new
      #298302 - 01/27/07 07:02 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Do you take a SFS? If you do and are not already doing this, try taking one of your doses first thing, before breakfast. Also, try taking one of your doses before bed, and maybe also have a snack in the late evening. The other thing I've done is to take a peppermint capsule a half hour before bed.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#298304 - 01/27/07 07:13 PM
shannonm

I hadn't thought about taking the peppermint cap before bed, I'll try it, thanks. I bought the SFS, and to tell you the truth I'm scared to take it. Did you feel the same way? Adding the unknown to my diet terrifies me. Everyone says this will help. I just don't know what to expect. I will take some SFS tonight. I havn't got anything to loose, hopefully it will make me feel better in the morning. Thank you

--------------------
IBS-A

#298305 - 01/27/07 07:47 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Remember to start out with a small amount of the SFS and to increase very gradually. You might get a little bit of gas and bloating after starting the fiber, but that should go away after a while, once your body adjusts.
Did you get the acacia fiber? I started out with Benefiber but then switched after a month or so, and I like the acacia much better.
Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#298307 - 01/27/07 07:59 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

The last time I had a flare-up I found that I just needed to up my Acacia. I hadn't had an attack in many, many months and I just couldn't figure out what had set it off. I increased my fiber intake and that took care of it w/i a couple days.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#298308 - 01/27/07 08:03 PM
shannonm

I bought the Benefiber before I found this site and Heathers products. When that's gone, I'll purchase some of hers. I've heard really good things about it. I'm gonna try it tonight and first thing in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

#298340 - 01/28/07 11:32 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

In the mornings I tend to need to let my stomach settle because of laying flat all night (the gas is all built up and slow to move). It generally takes a few hours of just sitting and letting it settle. I've never heard anyone else say they have this though.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Re: feeling better in the morning new
      #298496 - 01/30/07 05:56 PM
shannonm

This is working, I'm feeling much better faster. Thanks
shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

#298515 - 01/30/07 08:00 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I wouldn't try it twice a day at first. Try just once/day then work up so that you don't get gassy. I take Acacia and it definitely helps. I take it as soon as I wake up in a cup of Soyfee but I don't usually eat anything until at least a 1/2 hour later (usually an hour). Have your sleeping habits changed? I never thought of that until reading Heather's book and now I realize that my sleep patterns directly affect my body (especially in the morning). Hope that helps. And don't be afraid to try the SF supplements...you just might have to play around with the type and amount that works for you. Good luck.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1472

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review