All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Extreme Fatigue
      #298104 - 01/25/07 07:08 PM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

Please let me know if any of you have extreme fatigue that sweeps over you the minute the pain starts. I am in college and cannot eat a lot considering that I am an RA and thus restricted to the dorms. I also walk a lot for classes and am always "barely making it" it seems. I count the hours to bedtime, and then just collapse almost. My stomach is bad and my upper GI system is also burbling and hurting. Please just let me know if anyone has a lot of fatigue and how you handle it,
time

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Extreme Fatigue new
      #298105 - 01/25/07 07:18 PM
whaley

Reged: 01/25/07

I'm in a similar situation (in college) and the fatigue really gets to me keeping up with work, not to mention being distracted by the terribly distracting gas pains/cramps/bloating. I try to take a walk, about ten minutes or so, drink some water and then lie down on my back (on the floor, or another surface but not bed) and raise one leg up to my chest (check out heather's yoga page). I stay there a few minutes, it relieves the pressure in my stomach and ribs, and then just sit back up to work. Also, working under natural light is the best for me, so I try to get as much done in the dyalight hours as I can.
Good luck

I used to new
      #298106 - 01/25/07 07:21 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

It turned out I have hypothyroidism. Have you been to a doctor? It could be something like this that is easily fixable. Or it could be a lack of nutrition from not eating much.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#298107 - 01/25/07 07:22 PM
laurab

Reged: 11/28/06
Loc: Boston

Time,

I feel your pain. My guess is that your fatigue is coming from not having enough in your system. I know that living in the dorms is hard, but I think you should try to eat more - or at least smaller meals every couple hours. I find that my pain is greatly increased if I have no food in my system and then eat, or don't eat anything at all. You need to have food to teach your system how to work properly, if not its a vicious cycle. Try to find some foods that you can put in a ziplock and take from the cafeteria with you - cereal, plain bread with a safe protein, pretzels, etc... the busy college life can often make you forget about eating, but its really important. Especially if you are drinking, or drinking coffee. Hope that helps a little,

Laura

#298109 - 01/25/07 07:27 PM
time

Very much so,
I do not drink, or drink coffee, and seem that I cannot get enough water in my system. I will eat more protein throughout the day and just eat more! I will let you know, and please, any other advice is much needed:)
Time

Re: I used to new
      #298110 - 01/25/07 07:29 PM
time

No, I have not been to a doctor..But I have suffered from Cito Magalic Inclusive Virus which is about 4 times worse than mono..and it killed my system I think, Hince the IBs!
Time

#298111 - 01/25/07 07:32 PM
time

Yes! Someone else in college! How are you doing it..does your back always hurt? And how do you sit? It hurts for me to sit sometimes, actually, practically all the time..and then they say that exercise is good, and I love to dance and do step, but I just can't b/c of the fatigue and bloating and gas etc..I love to hike and climb, and I can't do much of anything...same with you?
Time

#298192 - 01/26/07 04:37 PM

Unregistered

Get on the internet and do some research about your 'adrenals'. You need to replenish your adrenals in order to avoid fatique. And, I just learned, that your adrenals replenish themsleves between 11PM -1:30AM (give or take 30 min) so you should be asleep during those times so your body can replenish them. That means getting in bed by 10PM so by 11PM you are in a deep sleep. I know...it is so HARD to go to bed early when you are not used to it. I'm trying it now and I usually stay up til midnight or 1AM so it's hard for me. AND I also know it's hard to be in college and go to bed by 10PM. But try it...and do a little research about it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1539

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review