All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Substitute for egg whites
      #298015 - 01/25/07 08:33 AM
TeresaLouise

Reged: 11/29/06

Hi,
My daughter had some food allergy/intolerance testing and it showed high for egg whites. I have noticed in the past when she's had an egg that it does seem to bother her so I have tried to avoid them. But there are so many good looking dessert recipes on this site that require egg whites
but would like to try them. Are there substitutes for egg whites? I hate to see my daughter not being to eat some treats when her siblings are. She is tired of Rice Krispy bars and fortune cookies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Substitute for egg whites new
      #298027 - 01/25/07 09:41 AM
craftymeg

Reged: 07/07/06
Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

You can buy something called an egg replacer that I have seen in grocery stores that would probably work well in baking. I am not sure exactly what is in it though.

Re: Substitute for egg whites new
      #298062 - 01/25/07 01:15 PM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

The last issue of Vegetarian Times had a section on egg replacer -- how to use it, what it is, and some recipes using it. I would check that out. Also? There's a brand-new cookbook called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (or something close to that) with a bunch of egg and dairy free recipes I'm dying to try. The author was featured in the NYT, with one recipe on the site HERE I am so trying these this weekend.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 565

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review