All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am at work and having a bad IBS attack!
      #297855 - 01/24/07 08:03 AM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

Well I went to work feeling more gasy that usual. I snacked on animal crackers and only took half an immodium last night before bed. I am a librarian and I teach classes at a Junior High. I am so glad I don't get classes until 11. Because usually my IBS attacks are in the mornings.
Anyways. I am sitting here continously cramping and hurting. I have went to the bathroom 3 times in the last 20 or so minutes. I am feel self conscious about it because its right beside the front office and I feel like they count the times I go! I am going to give myself another 30 or so minutes to decide whether or not I am going home. I think I will take an immodium in a bit too. But right now I just want to let out whatever needs letting out...
I just wanted to post because I feel so alone dealing with this. And i am frustrated!
Anyways I hope everyone else is having a good day.

Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am at work and having a bad IBS attack! new
      #297858 - 01/24/07 08:31 AM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

Ok- now its my 5th time. Hmmmm
Did I mention I took 4 gas x's since last night. I wonder if they can actually make you have an attack? Its prob just some random attack for no rhyme or reason.

#297859 - 01/24/07 08:37 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

We have all been there...it will be ok.

And I would switch to fennel tea in the future for gas. The over the counter stuff only works for "intestinal gas" not all types of gas. I find that they don't really help me much. Tea is the way to go and when you are feeling stressed it can really calm you down. Sometimes I get up early for work and just have a cup of tea before i have to get dressed. It helps.

And are all human. Don't worry about who may see you going to the bathroom. More than likely they won't even notice and if they do notice its not a big deal - they probably have been there before!!

#297866 - 01/24/07 09:14 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I'm sorry you are having a bad day sweetie!! I don't trust a lot of over the counter meds, and I wouldn't put it past them to give you an attack... just my point of view though...
take care of yourself... is there something in your life giving you extra anxiety right now? look at that first, is my suggestion.

Re: CindyG new
      #297868 - 01/24/07 09:20 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry you're having an attack at work! Did you take the Imodium? If you haven't, I think you should.

I don't think there's anything in a normal dose of Gas-X that would cause an attack; although some versions have sorbitol, but it's the very last ingredient listed so it shouldn't really have an effect. But four in one evening seems like a lot. I read on the label not to take more than 3 in a 24-hour period - maybe because you would get too much sorbitol in such a high dose?

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon and that things slow down.

#299335 - 02/08/07 10:52 AM
StephInSD

Reged: 02/08/07
Loc: Southern California

I can totally relate. I am a high school teacher. Most of my attacks happen in the morning. I often get to work just as the beel is reinging for my first class. This is for two reasons. One I have to go to the bathrrom and it takes longer than the amount of time I have. Or two I feel like I have to go and am afraid to leave the house until the last minute.

I also hate that the bathroom is so far from my classroom.

--------------------
Teaching, living and hanging out in San Diego!

#299376 - 02/08/07 03:53 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

Another reason to love teaching. I'm a junior high teacher too! It's so hard to plan your day then plan your day around the bathroom. What's worse is to have a room full of teenagers and have to go to the bathroom with no one to cover for you. Certainly can't leave them alone, they'll kill each other. My IBS is also usally in the am so I'm fortunate that school doesn't begin until 9:00 (I get up at 6:00!). Just keep your chin up and like the others said, who cares how often you go to the bathroom. You have to!

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1412

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review