All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Vitamins??????????
      #297681 - 01/22/07 04:38 PM
puddleglum

Reged: 01/11/07

OK I feel I need a good multivitamin for my body. Does anyone know of a good and SAFE multivitamin to take? I saw a new one that is suppose to help metabolism too and would love to try it, but I am so weary about what I put in my stomach that any good info would help. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vitamins?????????? new
      #297683 - 01/22/07 04:42 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I take Alive! multivitamins. I always take them with a meal and I've never had any trouble with them. You can check them out here.

They are also available w/o iron.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#297690 - 01/22/07 07:14 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I take Nutrispire (aka NovaNatal) prenatal vitamins right before I go to sleep at night, and they doesn't bother my stomach at all. If I take them while I'm up, it will give me a lot of vitamin-tasting burps, but I think that's pretty typical.

#297698 - 01/22/07 08:30 PM
dolls

Reged: 09/20/06
Loc: New Jersey

Iam on herbalife which is all natural and a shake a day and I have been the best ever..if intersted email me at
billybuttonsdolls@comcast.net

--------------------
I sell artist dolls

#297751 - 01/23/07 02:09 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

I take OneSource Complete Womens, twice daily. Here's a link to them: OneSourse Complete Women's

I got them at Walmart for under $10. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#298134 - 01/26/07 06:47 AM
SeaDragon

Reged: 12/06/06
Loc: Indiana

I have done a fair amount of research on vitamins, and I now look for three things. 1. Whether the tablet will dissolve relatively quickly. I put a tablet in a glass of warm water and if it is not a small shapeless pile in an hour or less I don't use it. (this comes from talking with a man with a porta-potty business. He had piles of One-A Day, etc. coated vitamins from cleanouts. He said he knew since he could still read the names. Doesn't help if you can't get to it) 2. I look for a broad range of vitamins and minerals without much else, and in AT LEAST the RDA dosage. 3. I look for one that gives the requirements in 2 doses as many vitamins and minerals don't have a great bio-availability and taking the total in two doses helps you retain more. Having said all that, I have found GNC to do a reasonable job. I still look at others, but have not found significantly better. If yours satisfies all 3 criteria then feel good about using.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 898

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review