Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Early morning urges new
      #29791 - 12/02/03 07:34 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Thanks for the congrats!

Let me know how you make out with taking it at night. I'm really interested to see if it works for you. I've got my fingers crossed!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Early morning urges - joanmarie new
      #29792 - 12/02/03 07:37 PM
*Melissa*

Don't worry - I plan on it! I'm hoping to actually start a wedding web page thingy or something to post some pics. My dad gave me a digital camera for my birthday/Christmas a little early so I can take pictures as I plan too! I'm bringing it with me next week to my first gown shopping expedition - I can't wait!

#29851 - 12/03/03 09:13 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

When you say to eat soluble fiber before your eat vegetables, do you mean benefiber or bread?

Either one will work! Just as long as you have some sort of soluble fiber in your stomach before eating the insoluble fiber. Explore Heather's website a little more if you're still waiting for the books and it'll explain all about that.

On another note, are you taking Benefiber as a regular suppliment? This may be a contributing factor to your gas/bloatedness. When I took Benefiber, I found that I had a ton of gas and I know others have had the same result. If you think this may be the problem, perhaps trying switching to another fiber suppliment. I find that Citrucel works pretty good for me, but everyone is different.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29910 - 12/03/03 02:45 PM
portia

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: Hawaii (The North Shore of Oahu)

Jennifer, thanks, you are saving my sanity planning for this trip. I ran right out and got Citricel tablets. I'm starting on them right away. Also, I was using soy milk without taking a Beano before and just read yesterday that it can cause gas. Should have known when the Beano bottle says take with soy products. Duh!

Today I'm packing rice crackers, saltines, oat meal packets, tea in ziplocks. I'll be able to live out of my carry-on and won't be dependent on airplane food.

Still waking up at an ungodly hour -- 4:20 this am -- with cramps and you know the rest. Have you heard of other people who are wakened by IBS? Is that common?

#29912 - 12/03/03 02:48 PM
portia

Hi Mags,
Tried it last night and woke up even earlier this am -- 4:20. Now it's 12:45 and I'm ready for a nap. I hate having my gut rule my sleeping hours.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway, Im willing to try anything.
Portia

#29913 - 12/03/03 03:07 PM
Jennifer Rose

Hi Portia,

Glad I can help!

Here is a post about someone else having problems waking up early in the morning: web page. Hopefully you can get some good tips from this thread!

Also - maybe all the gas from the Benefiber and soy is contributing? Maybe your gut will calm down when you start reducing it. Sounds like you're on the right track.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29916 - 12/03/03 03:31 PM
*Melissa*

Portia - sorry it didn't work for you!

Hopefully something in the link Jennifer gave you from the old post will help.

Let us know how you make out.

#29929 - 12/03/03 04:17 PM
portia

Hi Jennifer,

Great tips on the sleep page. I learned a lot and once again don't feel so alone with this early wake-up problem.

Having a soluble fiber cream of rice, rice cracker, saltines day. Using rice milk instead of soy and generally trying to stay relaxed and not eat anything that will upset me. Also trying Citrucel pills today.

Thank you thank you. It's reassuring to know that you and so many others have successfully dealt with this problem.

Portia

#29932 - 12/03/03 04:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

No problem! Let us know if you have any other questions and have a great time on your cruise.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29942 - 12/03/03 05:48 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Hi Portia,
I also have the worst problems with my stomach in the morning and have a hard time sleeping in. My biggest problem is that i wake up early because i'm hungry (even though i eat every night before bed). If i don't get up and eat then i end up with D from the hunger. It's realllllllly annoying and i'm the worst for getting up before my alarm goes off. Other than the hunger issue I only wake up during the night if i'm about to have a bad attack and then i know for sure i'm up for at least an hour or two. I think i might try that acacia right before bed tonight and see if anything changes. Sorry i don't really have any advice cause i'd appreciate some too lol But just wanted to let you know that your not alone in this

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1843 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review