All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Malabsorption of fats????? new
      #296519 - 01/14/07 01:01 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

Well, my doctor did mention probiotics and digestive enzymes. I was like in shock that after 7+ years someone was really looking at my stomach problems in real time. Being a woman, where historically doctors did not listen to the woman complaining and thought most things were in her head, I am thrilled to see a doctor that at least is trying to hear and help me.

It will be interesting to find out what the solutions are for the problems that I have. If you had told me 10 years ago that I would know nearly everything there is to know about the functions of the intestine and bowels intimately, I would have told you that you were totally nutso!!! Now I know better, but it would have been nice to be and authority on jello or something not so gross.

Thanks for the support and the sharing. I do not know where I would be without this website and all the amazing people I have found here.

Peace,

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Malabsorption of fats????? new
      #296552 - 01/14/07 04:21 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

It basically tells you the NAMES of the enzymes involved in the process, and tells you which organs are responsible for them.

When you get a digestive enzyme pill, it will list the enzymes you will get through it. It sais the main thing responsible for the fats is lipase and colipase, so make sure your pill includes those in its list.

Also, it tells you what conditions might lead to the fats malabsorbtion. You could ask your doctor if it was possible to have any of these conditions. It mentions chronic pancreatitis (this is usually a painful condition and you would probably know if you had it, but still, worth a shot), some kind of liver disease and bile acid malabsorbtion.

I don't understand the whole of it completely, but i think that's what's of primary interest.

HTH

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2317

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review