Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Soup OK?
      #295615 - 01/08/07 11:04 AM
Dave K

Reged: 01/08/07
Loc: Brooklin, ON

Hi Guys,
Do you find low fat chicken based soups like Campbell's, etc are ok to eat? I had a bad reaction the last time I tried soup but it could have been something else I ate that day.

--------------------
Dave IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soup OK? new
      #295625 - 01/08/07 12:25 PM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

What else did you eat that day?

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#295630 - 01/08/07 01:51 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had a hard time finding soup that didn't contain MSG as that is a huge trigger for me. I cannot tolerate it at all. I really like vegetable minestrone and it helps when I am leaning towards the C side. Imagine brand also makes good soups and I find them in the health food section of my grocery store.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#295631 - 01/08/07 01:57 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I don't eat Campbell's anymore, but I do eat homemade soups made from 100% fat free chicken broth and vegetable broth (with no MSG). I also eat Amy's brand low fat alphabet soup, but I pick out the corn. I believe both Amy's and Imagine have other safe soups, but I haven't tried any others.

#295638 - 01/08/07 03:02 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I do well with Progresso chicken noodle soups in the can, but not the quickie microwave deals.

The cans do contains some MSG, but it is way far down on the ingredients list and has never bothered me.

#295646 - 01/08/07 05:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Healthy Choice soups and organic cannned soups are the only safe ones I have seen. Not all flavors are safe of course but the veggie one is good and the chicken noodle and chicken rice are safe.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

HFCS new
      #295663 - 01/08/07 06:14 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

A lot of those have high fructose corn syrup in them, which gives me loads of trouble.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#295674 - 01/08/07 08:11 PM
Dave K

Reged: 01/08/07
Loc: Brooklin, ON

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the comments. To be honest it was almost a year ago that I last ate store bought canned chicken soup. I can't remember what else could have triggered it but man it scared me enough to stay away until recently. I have looked at some of the baked noodle soups and rice noodle soups but they too seem to give pain and D (must be in the seasoning as the noodles are practically fat free and not whole wheat/grain. Any more suggestions? Chicken sandwiches are getting a little dull for work and on the road. Thanks!

Dave IBS-D

--------------------
Dave IBS-D

#295773 - 01/09/07 01:51 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I LOVE Amy's soups and chilis. There is a pretty wide variety, and they're all organic.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Soup OK? My own. new
      #295859 - 01/10/07 06:03 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Just put a skinless chicken breast in 4 cups of water. add a stalk of celery and a carrot with some onion and salt. Let it boil at least an hour and a 1/2 and strain it. Its simple. Boil some pasta or rice and put it together. I chop the cooked carrots and add them to the soup, I love them.
I try to stay away from canned as I had the same experience as you. But it definitely could have been a combo of other foods.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review