All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stress induced ibs
      #295445 - 01/06/07 04:00 PM
alexa

Reged: 12/29/06

help i have a very stressful work event in 4 days...im beside myself worrying about the cramps and diarrhea..that will eclipse this event...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stress induced ibs new
      #295450 - 01/06/07 05:05 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Hi Alexa. I'm not sure how familiar you are with this diet, but you can start now with the break the cycle diet which is listed on this site (just do a search or look at the home site of info.). You have a few days to eat safe foods to calm your system down a bit and then take immodium the night before as a preventative. If you tell us a bit more about what the day entails, maybe we can give you more specific suggestions (ie., is there a meeting, what time in the morning does it start, do you need to drive with someone, etc.). The stress can be crippling...I know. Often just thinking about a stressful event brings on the cramps. But try to think that you will be "in control" of your IBS instead of it controlling you if you follow the diet and have some strategies to make it through the event. As a side note, I usually tell myself that if I suddenly get d or need to keep running to the restroom, I will tell everyone, "I'm sorry, I'm just having some "girl/womanly" problems today (meaning my period suddenly came)." It's a little white lie that most women would empathize with and most men would have no clue about. It helps me to think that I have a pre-set excuse should a problem arise. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4838 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 403

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review