All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bio-K new
      #295346 - 01/05/07 10:33 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you still taking it? If not, which probiotic did you change over to? I've been taking it for almost three weeks now at one bottle a day. I think I will go on something else after another week, though. Miso suggested a multi strained probiotic would be better.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bio-K new
      #295383 - 01/05/07 02:13 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

No, I only took it for about a week while I was on an antibiotic. And I didn't switch over to a different one. But I feel really good again! I think I'm going to start back up in a week or two, though. I'm going on vacation (a cruise!) in five weeks, and I thought it might help if I do the Bio-K for 3-4 weeks before my trip. It seems to help stabilize me!

How are YOU doing these days?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Wheat allergy vs GI new
      #295395 - 01/05/07 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok so if I ask about another blood test when I go to the doc Monday then I should have eaten some wheat or no antibodies will show up? I think I will do that. Maybe I'll have toast for breakfast or something (actually those yummy organic cookies will probably still be at work Sunday and Monday ). I will also ask if wheat can be tested without gluten/Celiac or if they are the same. I know wheat intolerance is less inclusive than GI since that also includes other grains with gluten.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#295413 - 01/06/07 02:06 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Unfortunately, I was told you have to eat it for 6-8 weeks regularly for it to really show up... Isn't is just a pain in the butt??? I'm sorry you're having to deal with it all! Hang in there...

--------------------
IBS-A

#295480 - 01/07/07 07:57 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

you need to have been eating wheat for at least a good week before tests for antibodies, also there is the good possibility that you are wheat or gluten sensitive, but not allergic, many people find that they feel better on a gluten free diet and others on just a wheat free diet, yet all their tests were negative, by all means do the test, but also just listen to your body.

I meant wheat intolerant- nt new
      #295540 - 01/07/07 04:29 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#295652 - 01/08/07 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

My doctor did not recommend I do another blood test for GI. She recommended that I do additional food tests- staying off wheat for 2 weeks and then having a lot in one day and repeat this until it is conclusive. So I plan on doing another test soon. I will work them around any plans I have that require eating out. Meanwhile I can avoid wheat as much as desired and see if I feel better. I wasn't bloated today and I had malt o meal for breakfast and several wheaty cookies, breadsticks and breadcrumbs. I also ate a flank steak slice for dinner with a little bit of feta. Altogether though my meal was low in fat and soluble fiber based. I only have red meat very rarely and it HAS to be low in fat or else!

--------------------

#295654 - 01/08/07 05:56 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Good luck with your experimenting. It's really difficult to figure out problematic foods...at least for me. Keep us updated on how you do!!

why didn't the doctor want to do another blood test? Did she recommend any other food intolerance tests...like the York Elisa food intolerance test?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

did another no wheat phase new
      #301402 - 03/04/07 04:41 PM
Little Minnie

I completed two weeks of no wheat. I would have gone longer if I had had results, but I found no difference this time. I only cut out wheat whereas last time I cut out some other things too. So now I think I can safely say wheat doesn't bother me. I am going to try to cut out sugar soon and see how I feel off of it.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 888 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3895

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review