All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: That makes me feel more comfortable.... new
      #295487 - 01/07/07 08:40 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i only eat whole grains, but only one at a time, so no crazy multigrain blends, for bread its rye or spelt, cereal is oats, rice, barley or sorghum based and crackers are rye or rice cakes. thing slike ezekiel bread with its 9 grains and sprouted soy and lentils is too much for me, i like to keep it simple, for dinner grains, brown rice, ww couscous, millet, kamut or ww pasta, etc.Lately i have cut out raw seeds and nuts in favour of their butters and have been noticing better dogestion though i miss them so, walnuts however seem to be fine whole.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Miso. I'm going to try some nut butters, as I've tolerated just a "bit" of pb. n/t new
      #295543 - 01/07/07 04:36 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Almond Butter new
      #295575 - 01/07/07 08:23 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Almond butter is great, and you can mix a teaspoon of it in a smoothie.

Re: Almond Butter new
      #295593 - 01/08/07 07:49 AM
line415

Wow. I never thought of putting some in a smoothie. Sounds really good. The nut butters are so expensive so I hope I actually like and can tolerate the one I decide to buy. The HFS had cashew butter but only in large containers and I'd hate to buy it and waste it like soooo many other things I have bought and tried. I think there should be an IBS store that specifically sells samples of all types of replacement products...we'd all be a lot richer!

--------------------

Re: Almond Butter new
      #295702 - 01/09/07 07:12 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

cashew butter is sooo tasty, it feel like you are eating dessert it is rich and flavourful, i spread it on fruit and it feels like dessert.

what kind of fruit do you put it on?-nt new
      #295708 - 01/09/07 08:10 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: For those of you who DO eat whole wheat and whole grains...plus good IF snacks? new
      #295722 - 01/09/07 09:11 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello, Personally I am C and still have to be careful with IF - I cannot have WW products at this time and stick to white french bread or pitas - also thinking of bread maker and making my own oatmeal bread. I miss ww bread terribly. I eat lots of pasta and rice and put steamed zuchinni (skin on) in it for my IF. I put chopped apples or peaches (skin on) in my oatmeal and it cooks up soft - tiny pieces. I eat cream of brown rice cereal and add blueberries and raspberries to a smoothie . I do strain out 1/2 of the skin and leave the remainder in there. I am very cautious with my IF as I seem to do MUCH better with SF however I do add it in everyday. I seem to eat alot of the same ones as I get attacks of trapped gas so easily from IF. The suggestion of nut butter is a good one as seeds are hard for me to digest. I have tried to go back to using some ground flax in my cereal but I think it is causing me distress. I am so ever sensitive and have to be really careful. Debbie IBS-C

Re: For those of you who DO eat whole wheat and whole grains...plus good IF snacks? new
      #295723 - 01/09/07 09:20 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Also, I found that I could add frozen bluberries to hot tapioca pudding that I made and then I could manage the blueberries (IF). My tapicoa pudding recipe has not dairy or eggs. Debbie

Are you eating brown rice or white?-nt new
      #295731 - 01/09/07 10:13 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

I try to eat both brown and white rice mixed or independent, depending on what accompanies them. n/t new
      #295743 - 01/09/07 11:11 AM
line415

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review