All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
HFCS,etc. new
      #294679 - 12/27/06 10:21 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

It's one of those things that is a problem for some, but not all of us.

It is not a problem for me, and I stand by my original post. Naturapanic asked what we eat for breakfast. These are some of the things I eat that do not bother me.

However, more times than not, I eat old fashioned oatmeal, which is something else not everyone tolerates. That and rice were my safest foods for months. At this point, I'm stable, but I REALLY like my oatmeal, so I continue to eat it.

By the way, I also am great with quick oats. I just prefer the texture of the old fashioned variety.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question: What Cereals Do You Eat new
      #294684 - 12/27/06 10:44 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

One hard-boiled egg (now that I've stabilized I can have ONE)
Oatmeal or Cream of Rice
English muffin with Soy butter or a little bit of soy cream cheese
Quaker Oat Squares (my fav) and rice Chex with with Rice milk
Soy yogurt (I like Silk best) and a banana

If you're bloated after cereal, have you been tested for Celiac? There are a lot of people that have some of the IBS symptoms that can't tolerate gluten. Might want to check that out.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: HFCS,etc. new
      #294687 - 12/27/06 11:17 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I wasn't responding to your posting. I was responding to the comment that Naturapanic made "Rice Krispies, Lucky Charms, they should do?". Since Naturapanic is not stable then HFCS and many other possible triggers/irritants should be taken into consideration until stablility is reached.

I only eat oatmeal for breakfast.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#294690 - 12/27/06 11:54 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Rice Chex (dry) w/ toast, and a Luna Bar

Van's Wheat Free Blueberry Waffles (I'm not gluten-intolerant, I just think these taste better than the wheat ones.) w/ applesauce

Quaker's Instant Oatmeal (Cinnamon Roll flavor) w/ toast

Plain oatmeal w/ blueberries, toast

I like to eat my breakfast slowly, so I usually take an hour in the morning or I'll split it up into two meals. For example, if I get up at 7 am, I'll have a Luna Bar; then about an hour later, I'll have Rice Chex and toast. Sometimes I'll have ginger-lemon tea after breakfast if I'm feeling nauseated or hot chocolate almond milk if I just need some chocolate.

Re: HFCS,etc. new
      #294694 - 12/27/06 01:01 PM
Snorkie

Oh. I didn't realize that, Syl. No disrespect intended.

In response to his post about Lucky Charms, I clarified I meant a different brand's version.

However, I will still say that HFCS was never a problem for me personally. I realize we are not all the same and am only passing along my personal experience. Having followed the diet for almost two years now (with some experimentation, yes), I know my own body pretty well.

Edited by Snorkie (12/27/06 01:07 PM)

Re: Question: What Cereals/Lucky Charms/Snorkie new
      #294701 - 12/27/06 01:46 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Snorkie, I have a box of Lucky Charms name brand and I do not see in the ingredients any dairy mentioned, not do I see it in the cap'n crunch/name brand. Did I read your post wrong that you said they contain dairy?? Are the malt-o-? ones taste just as good. I do hate the fact frosted flakes has HFCS.........

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: Question: What Cereals Do You Eat/syl/lucky charms new
      #294702 - 12/27/06 01:51 PM
LtDanFan

Are the lucky charms in Canada different then U.S. my box does not list HFCS in the ingredients....just wondered

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#294704 - 12/27/06 01:56 PM
LtDanFan

I have oatmeal every single morning...I love it, but I do get tired of it. Wal-Mart sells the premeasured cups of Quaker brown sugar oat and I buy them, more convenient when I was working and was still in school, I would like to try something else, but I like getting my SF/IF in at breakfast and oats seems to be the only cereal to do that. I love lucky charms, coco puffs, honeycombs, cap'n crunch, rice chex, and grapenuts, but if I eat them I have 1/8 of a cup, 1/4 is a serving and it has 6gm of Fiber and I was told it's IF, but Barley is listed as a SF? so I'm not sure on that one....I did read that honey graham has dairy, I think, but if anyone shops at Target their brand name of cereal is good and very reasonably priced!!

--------------------

Re: Question: What Cereals Do You Eat/syl/lucky charms new
      #294705 - 12/27/06 02:01 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Lucky Charms and Chocolate Lucky Charms don't have HFCS but they do have whole grains. Berry Lucky Charms contain HFCS. I wasn't sure which type of Lucky Charms you were referring to

When you ask a question it helps if can post the ingredients

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Question: What Cereals/Lucky Charms/Snorkie new
      #294706 - 12/27/06 02:26 PM
Snorkie

Huh. I could have sworn the last time I looked at boxes of Capt. Crunch & Lucky Charms they both had some sort of dairy derivative it them. This would have been more than a year ago, though. Maybe they've changed?

Malt-o-Meal is less expensive and in the two varieties I mentioned, I can't taste the difference from the "real thing."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2851 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review