All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: So Once Again Another IBS Pill Fails new
      #294205 - 12/20/06 08:28 AM
germanicus1991

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: Fort Worth,TX

I love your comment about GI physicians!
G

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#294441 - 12/22/06 09:47 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I actually have begun to feel better in the last few days.
The pharmacists told me that a bad reaction is commonfold with Zelnorm.
I also resumed taking Miralax.
I started at one scoop, increased am now at two scoops, and will keep adding.

I wanted to know, have any of you tried Miralax?
What has been your experiences?

What about beer and alcohol, is there anyway you can blance IBS while occasionally getting drunk, letting loose, with your friends?
This has been particularly hard for me with IBS, I find it has isolated me and kept me from doing what I like best, watching TV and having a cold drink.
Is there anyway to balance IBS and drinking safely and fun?
Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#294454 - 12/23/06 07:56 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Alcohol is a trigger and that can't be changed. Some day you might be able to have a drink occassionally, but don't over do it like getting drunk. But if just having 1 is giving you a lot of grief, then you need to stay away from it. If your friends were truly your friends they would understand and not make you feel isolated, or pressured to drink to have a good time.

Re: Alcohol new
      #294455 - 12/23/06 08:00 AM
scigal

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: Texas

In a word, NO!!! Surely there is a way to hang out with friends and not drink. I do it often. I have a group of friends that like to drink and I have never had a problem having a great time hanging out with them and not drinking.I also usually get them all home safely!! As a matter of fact, I have seen a lot of my non IBS friends end up with IBS like problems the night of and day or two after such drinking. So, if "normal" tummies can't handle such drinking, why would you want to subject your sensitive tummy to such treatment. Give it up and you will see a huge difference. It will be totally worth it and if your friends have a problem--get new friends.

Christy

I'd watch the amount of Miralax you are taking. new
      #294463 - 12/23/06 10:12 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

2 full doses already is probably the limit. I don't think I would increase anymore until checking with the pharmacist to make sure it is okay!!

If you do a search on Miralax, you'll get a lot of info from others who have taken or are currently taking it.

As for the "need for a cold drink".....only you are letting it isolate yourself. And nobody "needs" a cold beer!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: I'd watch the amount of Miralax you are taking. new
      #294565 - 12/25/06 11:37 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

2 full doses already is probably the limit. I don't think I would increase anymore until checking with the pharmacist to make sure it is okay!!

If you do a search on Miralax, you'll get a lot of info from others who have taken or are currently taking it.

As for the "need for a cold drink".....only you are letting it isolate yourself. And nobody "needs" a cold beer!

Doc said I could up to 4.
What's the harm?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Miralax dose new
      #294572 - 12/26/06 07:31 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If you trust your doc, then by all means go by what he/she says! I would still ask a pharmacist for their opinion, though, just to get a second "professional" opinion.

I would just be afraid of taking so much of any medicine. Our bodies are so fragile.

How much are you taking now? And how are you feeling on this amount? The more I take, the more gas and bloat I get...and the stools are very loose, thin, and incomplete, neverending all day long.

Do you take an SFS in addition to the Miralax? You are not happy with just the SFS?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1310 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review