All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
does ibs ever go away? i never had it until now (42 years old)
      #292161 - 12/01/06 03:42 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

i am recently ibs-c and i was wondering if this is something that will ever go away? i never had any problems (42 years old) until i took some antibotics that i had a bad reaction to which then lead to ibs.
thank you
much <3

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Edited by sunspots (12/03/06 08:40 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does ibs ever go away? i never had it until now new
      #292162 - 12/01/06 03:51 PM
letsstopibs

Reged: 12/01/06
Loc: Southern California

I dont believe so, we are all waiting for a cure,and Metamucil is very happy that there isnt one.

#292168 - 12/01/06 04:21 PM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

Quote:

i am recently ibs-c and i was wondering if this is something that will ever go away? i never had any problems until i took some antibotics that had a bad reaction which lead to ibs.
thank you
much <3

Hi there...

Have you had any testing done to eliminate other causes of your difficulties? Here's a helpful link:

http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/ibs.asp#diseases

I encourage you (and all the new folks) to read through Heather's entire website, not just the message boards. She has posted a ton of helpful information that will doubtless answer at least some questions.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#292169 - 12/01/06 04:32 PM
sun

Quote:

Quote:

i am recently ibs-c and i was wondering if this is something that will ever go away? i never had any problems until i took some antibotics that had a bad reaction which lead to ibs.
thank you
much <3

Hi there...

Have you had any testing done to eliminate other causes of your difficulties? Here's a helpful link:

http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/ibs.asp#diseases

I encourage you (and all the new folks) to read through Heather's entire website, not just the message boards. She has posted a ton of helpful information that will doubtless answer at least some questions.

yes i've had bloodwork,scopes at both ends..had some polyps removed and a ct scan. are there more tests i should have done?
the ibs just came out of no where after my bad reaction to the antibotics.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#292175 - 12/01/06 05:06 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I agree all the fiber companies are making a killing off of our suffering, IMO, no it never does go away, I've been struggling since I was a little kid...........

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#292209 - 12/02/06 04:36 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

I think we probably have periods where it stabilizes, ie no symptoms, but it will always come back. I started have symptoms when I was 12, made a huge change in diet when I was 29 and was symptom-free for about 4 years. Then, after having a baby, the diet changes were no longer enough and it came back.

#292313 - 12/03/06 05:19 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Really? What do you mean it came back? Does Heather's diet not work for you any more?

#292346 - 12/03/06 10:40 AM
kamikat

Reged: 11/17/06

No, I just started Heather's diet. About 8 years ago, I removed all wheat, dairy and soy from my diet and have dramatic improvement of symptoms. After having a baby, the symptoms came back. I've only been on Heather's diet for a week or so.

#292362 - 12/03/06 04:33 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Hew... thanks for the clarification. I hope you are feeling better now that you are following the diet.

#292373 - 12/03/06 06:48 PM
zippo

Reged: 11/01/06

Some people have claimed that they have had IBS and it has gone away. I'm kind of skeptical though, because maybe they didn't have IBS in the first place. I'm gonna keep my hopes up, and just keep taking Probiotics, maybe after I reach a certain level of good gut flora I will go back to normal who knows. I'm certainly doin a lot better now than i was when i first got IBS.

#292379 - 12/03/06 07:45 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

I remember reading somewhere (maybe in one of the articles in this site's research library) that it does go away for a small percentage of people. My understanding is that it is a chronic condition for the vast majority of folks. However, I've gotten a huge amount of relief from following the advice on this website. I've even had a couple of weeks here and there that were so good, I started to wonder if I really did have IBS after all. (This illusion is usually shattered by the onset of my period. )

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#292390 - 12/03/06 08:45 PM
sun

thank you so much for everyones input so far. it's been a scary and painful journey for me as well as all of you. i really hope i can get stable and be some what normal again.
many 's and pain free days to you

--------------------

Re: does ibs ever go away? i never had it until now (42 years old) new
      #292681 - 12/06/06 08:28 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I don't know if it ever completely goes away, but my mother started suffering from IBS as a teenager. It wasn't diagnosed as IBS until much later of course. Now, at 52, she said most of hers has gone away, and she does not follow Heather's diet. A few doctors have said that it tends to go away once you reach menopause, and my mom believes that's actually been one benefit of menopause!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review