All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does buspar help...my dr wants to put me on it & help with ibs-c
      #292032 - 11/30/06 12:07 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

well after test after test including scopes on both ends my dr. has told me i have ibs, i 'm a ibs-c, she whants to put me on zelnorm ...i said i would think about it she also wants me on buspar...will the buspar help? or the zelnorm? i suffer from panic attacks so i am already on xanax. all of this is so confusing, i don't know where to start. i've followed the suggestions from the website and am getting better, i had some polyops removed. i'm C i go everyday but they are hard pellets. i also have GERD so i take prevacid too. any help to get my stool softer would be great what can i do? thank you

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Edited by sunspots (11/30/06 12:08 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does buspar help...my dr wants to put me on it & help with ibs-c new
      #292036 - 11/30/06 12:18 PM
bbgem1

Reged: 11/27/06
Loc: Pennsylvania

I have the same problem going every day, hard pellets. This really is unbelievable isn't it? Anyway, I took buspar for a short time because of IBS-C it didn't help my IBS. I found it to be more of an anti anxiety med. I also take Zelnorm its helpful at times for my IBS-C. I'm still struggling to get my IBS-C symptoms under control.

#292058 - 11/30/06 04:18 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Do try the natural calm, if you don't know about it do a serach, also try to increase your water intake.

#292068 - 11/30/06 06:31 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

thank you miso i will check it out..i am in need of a good probotic recommendation

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

I take buspar, daily new
      #292074 - 11/30/06 07:48 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I take buspar (10 mg, 4x daily) everyday to help manage my generalized anxiety disorder. Honestly, I doubt that it will help improve your IBS-C, however if you have intense anxiety issues it can help enormously. It has helped me to reclaim my power to participate in life--even enjoy life-- without a panic attack. If you have IBS-related anxiety issues, Buspar can help you to manage that.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: I take buspar, daily-Katie new
      #298599 - 01/31/07 03:08 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

I started taking cipralex SSRI for anxeity but find it is playing horribly with my GI track even after 10 days. I think I need to try something different than sSRI and was considering asking my Doctor about Buspar. Do you find it has side effects with IBS? How do you feel on it? Thanks, Debbie IBS_C

Re: I take buspar, daily-Wind? new
      #298760 - 02/02/07 04:34 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Why do you take Buspar vs. an SSRI (Celexa, Zoloft, etc.)? Thanks, Debbie IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7409

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review