All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please help!
      #29202 - 11/26/03 06:20 PM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I posted a couple days back telling you guys I have been constipated since beginning the bland diet. I was taking Fibercon every night because I thought it would work like a laxative and make me "go" in the morning. Keep in mind, this is strange for me because I am used to drinking coffee every morning, and going to the bathroom (sometimes 4 times) right afterwards. Obviously, coffee was a BIG trigger for me, but at the same time, kept me regular and "safe" somewhat, because I knew I had at least gone to the bathroom before leaving the house.

Well, I just couldn't take the constipation anymore as of yesterday and I gave in to the coffee. My stomach looked as if I was 6 months pregnant, and is still pretty bloated. The coffee worked, and I have felt a little relieved and at the same time sick, but CANNOT make this a habit (obviously).

I want to start fresh tomorrow again. I recieved the cookbook today, and have read most of it already. However, I am confused on my supplements and I guess that's what got me into trouble in the first place.

Fibercon, Equalactin, etc,. WHEN do I take these to keep me regular and "safe"? Do I need the fibercon with a high-soluble meal? Do I still need something like citrucel or benefiber to keep me "regular"?

Thanks everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving...

Laurel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help! new
      #29213 - 11/26/03 06:50 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Laurel!

Are you getting enough insoluble fiber? You need to eat as much as possible with your soluble fiber based meals. Also, make sure you're getting plenty (as in LOTS) of water and getting a little exercise will help too.

You don't really have to take the fiber supplements, but they are a great easy way to get your soluble fiber in to help incorporate even more insoluble into your diet.

#29217 - 11/26/03 06:59 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I agree with Mags! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#29234 - 11/27/03 04:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Just remember Heather's rule - always eat soluble fibre (and only soluble fibre) on an empty stomach. So eat your potatoes and THEN your veg.

Coffe is BAD! I succumbed yesterday .

Linz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1497 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 470

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review