All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HEATHER CHECK THIS OUT
      #291884 - 11/29/06 04:31 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I WAS WATCHING THE FOOD NETWORK THE OTHER DAY(BAD HABIT OF WATCHING FOODS I CANT HAVE) AND I SAW A SHOW THAT WAS INTERVIEWING A RESTAURANT THAT MADE DESERTS THAT HAS NO DAIRY PRODUCTS EGG FREE REDUCED FAT . IHAVE SEEN THE WEBSITE AND IT POSTS ALL THE INGREDIENTS FOR EVERY ITEM IT LOOKS SAFE TO ME BUT IM NEW TO THIS. CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK IT OUT STICKYFINGERSBAKERY.COM MAYBE YOU MIGHT SEE AN INGREDIENT THAT DOESNT FLY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THEY ARE SO TEMPTING

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HEATHER CHECK THIS OUT new
      #291887 - 11/29/06 04:41 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Are there ingredients listed anywhere? I couldn't find any nutritional information on the website.

For deserts, once the triggers are cut out, the real tricky part is having it low enough in fat. They do say they have low-fat deserts, but unless we know how much they have we can't really tell if it'll be safe.

There are quite a few desert recipes here on this website that you can make at home, you may want to check them out.

--------------------
Kat

#291942 - 11/29/06 09:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I agree with K2 - I'd be careful of the fat content. All it says on the "sweets" page is that they're low in saturated fat... that's great, but something can be low in sat fat and still have too high of an overall fat content to be safe for people with IBS. I'd almost bank on that being the case; most commercial vegan baked products are *loaded* with oil.

It kind of bothers me that although you can find the ingredients for SOME of the products - not all - there's absolutely no nutritional information at all, at least not that I could find. I would write to them and ask for calorie and fat contents, and ingredients for anything you were considering trying that didn't have the ingredients listed. Anything that's more than 25% calories from fat is a no-go.

#291957 - 11/30/06 06:08 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

stickyingers is an award winning vegan dessert shop, their stuff is supposed to be fantastic, email for nutritional info, but buying a vegan cookbook and altering the amounts of oils to your liking is a better and cheaper option, vegan cupcakes take over the world is a good one.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review