All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Is it possible?
      #291869 - 11/29/06 03:17 PM
scottie

Reged: 05/02/06

is it possible that even safe foods will not work after awhile. everytime i find a pretzel it ends up bothering after eating consistently. i think this tuna bothers which did not bother before. among other things...?

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it possible? new
      #291873 - 11/29/06 03:50 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Pretzels should be pretty safe, unless there is some kind of weird ingredient that has recently been changed in the brand you eat.

Are you following the diet completely? If not, you may just be having reactions that are unrelated to the pretzels or other safe foods. If you're unstable that would make sense. You can have attacks or just generally upset stomach at any time when you're unstable. You have to consistently follow the diet if you want to be free from the fluctuations of your tummy's mood.

#291876 - 11/29/06 04:04 PM
scottie

ok thats helpful. but that is kind of along lines of what is confusing me. i can't stabilize with the same foods i was eating before i started have problems. and by the way i only eat safe foods.

--------------------
IBS-D

#291877 - 11/29/06 04:06 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

What else where you eating? Maybe we can give you some insight there.

And also, there are unfortunately other factors as well like stress, anxiety, hormones, lack of sleep, etc that all play a role. I find if I don't get a good night sleep then my stomach can be less settled.

--------------------
Kat

#291882 - 11/29/06 04:20 PM
scottie

ok i was eating regularly rice, bananas, apples(peeled), tuna sandwiches with mushrooms and avacado. everyday. these pretzels too. and i could drink water(pepp tea) alot. thats it nothing else. i would try stuff but i want nothing to bother before i really try stuff. so if it effected even a little bit i stopped. i started to have problems. and i noticed the tuna now had iron in it. ever since i can't get right. heres the kicker though i started a new job when the tuna changed. i can't even eat apples now or the pretzels or anything it seems. i work in an electrical distribution wharehouse. lot of lifting and walking but i have worked rather hard my whole life and have never felt this bad

--------------------
IBS-D

#291883 - 11/29/06 04:25 PM
K2

Definetly a change in exercise and job would affect you. Are you IBS-D? I find as IBS-D I have a hard time doing lots of exercise (even walking and weight lifting). When you're at work try to remain as calm as possible, and do physical things slowly.

If you're noticing the tuna is causing problems then maybe try something else? I eat sliced turkey breast meat with my sandwiches and haven't had a problem with that. Or you can try another brand of tuna, check the ingredients for added stuff like iron.

--------------------
Kat

#291886 - 11/29/06 04:41 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I found I had to be careful with pretzels. Some of them contain HFCS and/or soybean oil. I cannot tolerate either. And I find while I can eat tuna packaged in water I cannot eat tuna packaged in oil.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#291889 - 11/29/06 04:46 PM
scottie

thats another thing it was the only tuna without iron. i just assumed it was the iron because of the diet guidelines. i found the same stuff without iron online. but it does not work for me. can you believe my HFS does not carry chicken breast lunch meat. turkey always seem to bother. i just wonder if i can't eat meat. IBS-D and dizzy alot right now.

--------------------
IBS-D

#291891 - 11/29/06 04:48 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I agree with Kat. It may be the fact that your body is doing something different so that even the foods you ate before are not working for you. Maybe once you adjust to the new job and new environment, you can stabilize enough to eat the things you used to. I also agree that you should try some different safe foods.

Good luck,

Carol

#291898 - 11/29/06 04:58 PM
K2

I'm thinking it's mostly the change of job that's affecting you. Keep up with the safe diet.

I'd suggest getting a blood test for b12 if you're feeling dizzy. If you want you can try getting more protein by using a protein powder mixed with soy milk (or some mix with just water I think). Rice or egg white protein powders are good.

Are you willing to try more safe SF foods?

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1005 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review