All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Dairy? new
      #291861 - 11/29/06 02:42 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I am able to sprinkle a tiny bit of Kraft fat free shredded cheddar cheese on my hamburger bun when I eat my soy burgers. It's really not very much, though... just enough to make it yummy. I can also eat 1-2 pieces of pizza from this local place. I don't know why, but it usually is okay with me as long as I've eaten well beforehand. Sometimes I might feel a little iffy, but it doesn't give me D anymore. We usually get pizza there every week or two. It's really my only "cheat" food, and I'm very careful not to overdo it. I can't eat pizza anywhere else, and I can't eat things like grilled cheese, milk, ice cream, or other dairy products. I have been pretty stable with only a couple of attacks since late spring 2006 (1 caused by anxiety and the others caused by eating a trigger food).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#291864 - 11/29/06 03:01 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have never eliminated dairy from my diet and I am lactose intolerant. I take lactase before consuming dairy. However, I cannot tolerate high fat dairy products such as cheese, cream, butter and ice cream not because it is dairy but because it contains too much fat. I can tolerate yogurt and milk.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#291881 - 11/29/06 04:08 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I can have a bit of dairy now and then without miserable consequence. By "a bit," I mean less than an ounce of cheese or just a bite or two of ice cream.

And for some reason, I can eat Domino's Pizza and not suffer, either. I don't understand, but who am I to argue with pizza?

#291899 - 11/29/06 05:00 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

Yes, I can have certain cheeses, not processed like Kraft cheese slices, but good aged cheddar cheeses where you have to pay more for them. Also, I can do homemade ice creams with little to no problems. I usually go to the mom and pop joints for ice cream. I cannot do custard ice cream though. And I buy low fat mayonnaise and have no problems with using it.

Carol

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6704 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review