--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question About Trader Joe's Muffins, Newman Cookies new
      #292317 - 12/03/06 07:04 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Yup I love it. I eat the herb & garlic with pita bread or bagels, it's super tasty. It reminds me of a real cream cheese I used to eat from a sandwich & bagel shop. The plain is great too especially if you want to have a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. They also have a french onion one I want to try next.

--------------------
Kat

The muffins new
      #292322 - 12/03/06 08:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you saying they didn't agree with you and gave you trouble?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Soy new
      #292323 - 12/03/06 08:15 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you take a Beano with 1 T of soy cream cheese? Or is that too little an amount to need one?

Have you always digested soy, Kat? Or did you have problems with it initially? Can you eat any type and/or amount of soy now?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#292325 - 12/03/06 08:19 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

Yup I love it. I eat the herb & garlic with pita bread or bagels, it's super tasty. It reminds me of a real cream cheese I used to eat from a sandwich & bagel shop. The plain is great too especially if you want to have a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. They also have a french onion one I want to try next.

Where do you get it? I tried one last year from whole foods and it turned me off.

Seperate question, I continue to have problems finding a good tasting cereal.
I find it important to have a good tasting cereal this way I have a snack and something to rotate into breakfast.
Here is what I tried and what the ingredients were.

Frosted Cheerios
Calories 110g
Fat 1g
Carbs 23g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 12g
Other Carbs 10g
Protein 2 g

Ingredients:
Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Corn Meal, Corn Syrup, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Brown Sugar Syrup, Trisodium Phosphate, Color Added, Dextrose, Zinc and Iron, Vitamin C, A B Vitamin, Vanillin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Vitman B1, A B Vitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Almond Meal, Wheat Flour, Vitamin E.

This contains no visible triggers, I don't understand why it bothers me.
Does anybody have a safe cereal to recommend?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Soy new
      #292327 - 12/03/06 08:21 AM
K2

Usually for the 1tbsp of soy cream cheese I don't bother with a Beano. However if you do find it causes gas then no harm done in trying a Beano before it.

I did have a lot of problems actually when I first started incorporating more veggies and soy into my diet. I was having inexplicable discomfort and mini-D attacks at night. I figured out that it was from gas from eating these foods. The gas would 'build up' during the day and by night my system was thrown off course and I ended up with D because of it. Took a while to figure out the D was being caused by gas though. So it seems I'm not really prone to gas, but when I do have gas, it makes my D really bad.

Now that I take Beano and have been eating more soy and veggies for a while, I'm fine. I can eat any type/amount of soy products, as long as I take enough Beano. However I still can't handle eating a lot of veggies as the IF makes me 'go'.

--------------------
Kat

#292328 - 12/03/06 08:25 AM
K2

I can only find the Tofutti cream cheese in health food stores. However it seems to be in all health food stores that I've been to so far.

The cereal I eat is usually just oatmeal. Any Quaker or Natural Path oatmeals seem fine with me. Every now and then I have some cold cereal but I treat it as IF and eat it with a safe SF base, so I'm not sure that they are safe cereals necessarily.

--------------------
Kat

Re: Soy- About BEANO new
      #292332 - 12/03/06 08:51 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Did you know it contains the same ingredient as the Imodium Advanced and the same as Tums Gas and Rolaids MultiSymptom formula Its simethicone. You dont have to go and buy Beano if you use any of the above. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Joannelcoq (12/03/06 08:52 AM)

Re: Soy- About BEANO new
      #292333 - 12/03/06 09:01 AM
K2

No Beano does not contain simethicone. You may be thinking about Gas-X which yes does contain simethicone. Simethicone can be used to treat gas once you already have it.

Beano is a natural digestive enzyme alpha-galactosidase. This helps break down gas-producing complex sugars into easily digested sugars. It prevents gas, it does not treat gas that you already have.

Hope that helps clear things up,

--------------------
Kat

Re: Soy- About BEANO - just want to add.. new
      #292334 - 12/03/06 09:04 AM
K2

There may be other digestive enzymes that also contain this alpha-galactosidase enzyme. If you're taking digestive enzymes already it would be worthwhile to check if this is in it. Might also be good to look around and find the cheapest one available.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review