All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New user has questions
      #291373 - 11/27/06 07:09 AM
DOB81

Reged: 11/27/06

Heather - Thank you for your awesome website & products. I just started using your Fennel tea & Acacia & am finally starting to feel better. I am trying to figure out which foods are my worst trigger foods. How long after I eat something would it affect me? If I'm having diarrhea on Tuesday, was it caused by what I ate on Monday, or does it take several days for food to pass through the intestines? The day after I started using Acacia (just 1/2 tsp.), I had diarrhea, so I stopped using it. Later that week I felt great! Is it possible that it took several days for Acacia to travel through my intestines & had nothing to do with the diarrhea? I want to try the Acacia again, but am concerned that the diarrhea may start again.
Also, you say you "routinely snack on small quantities of soluble fiber foods all day long." Can I ask what you snack on...I'm having trouble finding foods that I like that are also nutritious. Thanks so much for your help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New user has questions new
      #291503 - 11/27/06 06:24 PM
Nicoblu

Reged: 12/28/05
Loc: Lafayette, LA

I found Julie's Post a few threads ago very helpful. Check it out> JULIE's IBS POST MORE SPECIFICALLY the BOTTOM PORTION.

Re:Not Heather but a moderator.... new
      #291577 - 11/28/06 07:06 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I would try the acacia again. What dose did you start on? It's very important to start on a low dose and increase it SLOWLY and in small increments. I would even try 1/2 or 1/4 tsp twice a day to start with. If you're starting that low, it's unlikely it's causing the diarrhea.
As for the diarrhea, it can happen anywhere from immediately after you eat something to a couple days afterward. Depends. Have you tried imodium for the D?
As for soluble fibre snacks:
Low fat white muffin, slice white bread, applesauce, banana, soy milk, low fat crackers (dairy free), arrowroot cookies (dairy free), etc. See the sticky post at the beginning on the board for quick and safe snacks.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#291621 - 11/28/06 10:28 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

My favorite SF snacks are pretzels, Keebler graham crackers, and French bread.

#291622 - 11/28/06 10:31 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I like snacking on pita bread with safe dip, applesauce (individual containers are easy to bring to work), bananas, carrots, and low fat muffins.

I would be skeptical that the Acacia caused the D. I would try it again while following the diet and not having any trigger foods.

--------------------
Kat

#291782 - 11/29/06 07:34 AM
DOB81

Reged: 11/27/06

Thanks so much!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1053 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 986

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review