All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
eating on holidays
      #291277 - 11/26/06 05:14 AM
anj

Reged: 11/24/06

Hi everyone, my boyfriend has ibs and living with him the last few months hasnt been easy.i want to help him and offer my full support.he is now on holidays in malaysia and having a hard time with the diet there.ive only discovered heather's book and this website a few days ago while doing research on ibs.i am quite happy and grateful to see all this information for the questions i had.i would like to know if any of you had any suggestion about what he could eat there safely? any safe suggestions for asian food?Thank you for your help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: eating on holidays new
      #291314 - 11/26/06 04:10 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

There are not too much choices when you are in another country. I don't know Asian food too well, but he should stick to eating rice, cooked fish, if he eats vegetables, they must be with soluble fiber (such as the rice) and in small quantities, no red meats, etc. Also, if he is sensitive to spicy foods, he should avoid them as well.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I wish the best for him.

Carol

#291338 - 11/26/06 08:48 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Asian food is fairly safe since you don't have to worry about dairy, which is a major trigger. However, many IBSers are sensitive to MSG, which is found in LOTS of Asian foods. I would look out for that one, and ask that his food be prepared without it. Small meals throughout the day will help a lot, too!

Sushi (made with white rice) is one of the most IBS friendly restaurant foods. It's something I always know I can order. Especially vegetarian sushi.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: eating on holidays *DELETED* new
      #291341 - 11/26/06 09:57 PM
scammer

Reged: 11/26/06

Post deleted by Heather

#291416 - 11/27/06 10:15 AM
Smiling Strange

Reged: 07/13/06
Loc: Florida, USA

Quote:

asian food is high n fat

That is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever heard. Of course some Asian dishes are high in fat, but plenty of them are not.

It's depressing that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than come onto a message board to knock something that's worked for other people. Heather isn't distributing any medical advice whatsoever, in fact, in her books she specifies that everyone who suspects they have IBS should go to a GI doctor and rule out other possibilities and see what treatment options there are. This diet is simply a way of eating that has helped a lot of people. You're pretty pathetic.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3922 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1043

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review