All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long...
      #29094 - 11/26/03 09:50 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

Okay, I honestly feel like I am obsessed with finding out about IBS. I constantly think about what my next meal will/can consist of, or spend time looking for IBS safe stuff... does this insanity go away after a while? *lol* I feel like such a freak :P

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long... new
      #29101 - 11/26/03 10:07 AM
tholley

Reged: 11/10/03

I think the moe imformation you have the better you can deal with your ibs. Idon't have ibs but my daughter does and i spend alot of time reading at this site and have gotten alot of tips etc. which seem to be helping her. You are doing something positive for yourself and taking controlling your ibs with the more imformation you have.

#29155 - 11/26/03 11:01 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Don't worry, Bauie, it does get easier! You get used to what kind of safe products you can buy, and picking them up becomes second nature to you. Personally, when I'm at home I don't think too much about it, because I'm used to cooking with my safe ingredients. To be honest, though, I still think about it a lot when I'm at other people's houses and when I go out to dinner, and I'm not sure that will ever go away. It is something you really need to think about, or you'll regret it later. I don't know if that's the answer you wanted to hear, but know that it does get easier in a lot of ways!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I understand... new
      #29209 - 11/26/03 06:33 PM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

...because I am wondering the same thing, too. I think it's like anything else---practice makes perfect (or almost perfect!).

I know when I am home, my anxiety level is low and I don't worry about what I eat because the bathroom is right there. But, forget it if I am out-I am a basketcase.

We have to learn a whole new way of eating, and that is going to be hard, but I'm sure rewarding. Personally, I would rather be safe than sorry, and if that means thinking about what I have to eat so I am not sorry later, then it's okay by me!!

Laurel

#29238 - 11/27/03 04:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I have found that the best way to chill out is to always have safe food with you. My handbag is a mess, cos I don't go anywhere without crackers or bread or a banana or something. It stops you worrying. Also, Immodium is a god send!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2625 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review