All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather's Acacia, running, and diarrhea....
      #290516 - 11/18/06 09:48 AM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Hi all,

I know this has probably been discussed many times, but I find it hard to find what I'm looking for when I do a search of the message boards. Anyway, lately I've noticed that I have diarrhea/loose stools almost every morning. I did just recently increase my acacia to a total of 2 TBSP a day. That's when I noticed the change in bowel habits. Is it possible to take too much acacia?

I have also started running more than I ever used to and find it hard to get the calories in that I need. Could the increase in food that I am eating cause this change? Or just the running itself?

Any advice that you could give would be great!

Thanks,

Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather's Acacia, running, and diarrhea.... new
      #290517 - 11/18/06 09:52 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

If you're having problems with D in the morning I suggest taking a dose of Acacia at night before bed, and again when waking up.

Running a lot is hard with IBS-D. I can't really run much, I usually stick to more moderate activity, because I end up getting D. My tips for this, is eat a safe snack about 45 mins before running. Don't run on an empty or full stomach, and don't drink too much water too quickly. Keep hydrated by drinking slowly throughout the day rather than drinking a lot around the time you are running.

--------------------
Kat

#290556 - 11/18/06 07:22 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Thanks Kat.....I do hope I can get this figured out because I really do love running and don't want to have to give that up. Do you know anything about the acacia? Can you ever get to a point of too much?? I do take a dose before bed and in the morning. I noticed that when I increased my dose to 2 tsps at night that then is when my problems started, but it was also around the same time I started running, so I don't know.

Thanks for all your help!

#290564 - 11/18/06 09:33 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

For me yes, too much Acacia gave me D. I started off with too much when I switched from Benefiber last year. I recently increased to 1T & 1t twice a day. Had to cut that back to 1T & 1/2t twice a day. Good luck with getting the right dose. I love the product..

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1083

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review