All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: About To Give It All Up new
      #290917 - 11/21/06 07:49 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

IBS, SIBO, Candida, I don't understand what I have, if I have all or a single.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What do you mean by "No Progress" (m) new
      #290919 - 11/21/06 08:02 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It seems to me that the question is whether you still have SIBO or the antibiotics got rid of it. If the antibiotics got rid of it, then you don't have to consider SIBO in figuring out what is causing your symptoms. If the antibiotics didn't get rid of it and you still have it, then two things:

First, I'd talk with my doctor about whether we should try a second round of antibiotics to try to get rid of it.

Second, if the doctor doesn't want to do a second round of antibiotics, I'd focus on taking probiotics in hopes the good bacteria will drive out the bad. By this I mean a really good probiotic with lots of strains.

Forgive me if I have you confused with someone else on the Boards, but I think I remember someone posting that he had started treatment for SIBO but had taken the antibiotics incorrectly or skipped a day or something. If that was you and your doctor finds out you still have SIBO, you should explain you didn't take the first round of antibiotics as you were supposed to. That might explain why the first round didn't work.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#290990 - 11/22/06 05:34 PM
Naturapanic

Would it ba accurate or best then if I ask my doctor for another test to see if I have SIBO?

Seeing as how I took these pills back in July, is it too far beyond July to determine?
In other words, could the SIBO been treated, but come back, thereby making it so that even if the test shows I still have SIBO, we can't judge Rifamin's effectiveness?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#290991 - 11/22/06 06:27 PM
Sand

Quote:

Seeing as how I took these pills back in July, is it too far beyond July to determine?
In other words, could the SIBO been treated, but come back, thereby making it so that even if the test shows I still have SIBO, we can't judge Rifamin's effectiveness?

Interesting question. I'm not sure. If I were you I would definitely want to know anyhow and if I did have SIBO I'd want to at least discuss being treated for it again and then tested again right after treatment.

I don't know if you saw this.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#291011 - 11/22/06 08:13 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks.

I just got my Acadia today.
I was taking 3 spoons of Benefiber.
Should I switch to 3 spoons of Acadia, or how to transition?
Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#291034 - 11/23/06 08:42 AM
Sand

You want to stay at the same amount of Soluble Fiber not the same amount of supplement. There's a sticky post at the top of the Diet Board that talks about how to switch: web page

--------------------

#291041 - 11/23/06 09:28 AM
Naturapanic

Thanks.
That answers most of my questions.

Two unanswered ones are
1) I've had it twice yesterday. It did not fully dissolve both times. I placed a teaspoon in cold water, let it sit for a minute, then stirred. Nonetheless, when I drank, I noticed there was a large clump of it at the bottom.
What am I doing wrong, or is having a clump and "spooning" it out not a big deal?

2) I'm confused by the maximum dose. Heather says it is 16 grams, yet she also says you can have 5 tablespoons. She states a serving is one teaspoon, or 2,5 grams, so the maximum 5 tablespoons is more than 16 grams.
What is the maximum dose?
16 grams or whatever 5 tablespoons equates to?

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Fennel new
      #291525 - 11/27/06 07:53 PM
Naturapanic

I am going to be honest.
One thing I have NEVER tried is Fennel Tea.
I hated the notion of having to prepare tea countless times a day, particularly because I find when I make tea it doesn't taste well or come out properly.

Is this something of signifcance?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Re: Fennel new
      #291526 - 11/27/06 07:55 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Try instead just getting fennel seeds. You can chew them and then swallow it with some water. It tastes like licorice which I don't really like, but it's quick-and-painless compared to making and drinking a big cup of tea. You can usually find them in the bulk bins of a health food store, super cheap.

--------------------
Kat

Re: Fennel new
      #291528 - 11/27/06 08:03 PM
Naturapanic

Thanks again K2.
I'll check Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.
Should those work as well as the tea?
Do you really think this could "be the one" to finally help?

I really appreicate your help.
I find your advice to be reliable, consistent, and there.

I followed your advice and bought Gas-x today.
My question is, how much should I start?
It says you can go as high as 4 pills a day, considering my sypmtoms and other medications, how many and how often should I take this?

I don't want to rush it, but I don't want to go to few.
I was thinking of starting with 2 at night, then if a couple days going up to 4?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review