All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How low can you go? (Fat)
      #289002 - 11/04/06 12:29 PM
Hypnogal

Reged: 03/17/03

Ooops. Dropped fat to 10-20%...everything went to you know where in a handbasket. Mood, skin, sleep, you name it. Fat is very important...you NEED it / in moderation...and not just one kind...a mix. Don't go too low...if you're hungry all the time, wounds won't heal...your skin is too dry, breakouts - moody or depressed, hair comin' out, bad skin/dry skin - check that total fat intake. Don't be scares away from fat completely. There is no ONE enemy here...gotta find a balance of course.

Edited by sweetpea (11/04/06 12:30 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How low can you go? (Fat) new
      #289007 - 11/04/06 01:42 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

As an aside here, while it's crucial to maintain a low fat diet in order to manage Irritable Bowel Syndrome, it's equally important that you do not go fat free. Though it makes no difference to your gastrocolic reflex if you're eating lard or extra-virgin olive oil, it will make quite a difference to your heart and your health in general. Your body needs healthy fats in order to function. Keep your fat intake to 20% - 25% of your total calories, and make your fats count. They should be monounsaturated and contain essential fatty acids, so choose fat sources such as olive oil, canola oil, avocados, finely ground nuts, fatty fish, flax oil, etc. Because all fats, even heart-healthy choices, are still potential IBS triggers, please follow the Irritable Bowel Syndrome dietary guidelines detailed in How to Eat for IBS.

From web page

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#289039 - 11/04/06 09:08 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It would do everyone some good to re-read their books and understand all the information. I read my book about 2-3 times so I could catch some things I missed the first time around.

#289044 - 11/04/06 11:29 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I have also read my books a few times and I catch things I just have let slide over the last 18 months. Not big things just the little stuff. It's good to review the guidelines every now and then.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 640 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review