All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SEARCH option for newcomers
      #2889 - 03/15/03 05:01 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi everybody - I've noticed that when someone new joins the IBS board, they usually have the same questions.

The SEARCH function is a great thing to use if you're looking for something specific. A lot of newbies want info on fiber supplements, snacks, dairy, etc. and there's a lot of info on these topics that have already have been posted and also are constantly being talked about, too. I've used the SEARCH function when I can't remember who made a post about a subject that I need to find.

Here's how to do it: Look at the top of the page where you see MESSAGE BOARDS. The second item is SEARCH. Click on SEARCH and it will take you to another page. Read each box description carefully. Probably if you chose ALL FORUMS and no date restrictions, you'll find what you're looking for.

If anyone (new or old) needs any help with this, just post a request and we'll try to help you.

Good Luck and for everybody that's new--WELCOME.

Sharon

PS - I'm just a frustrated ex-software instructor so I can't help myself when I see things people should know on how to navigate w/the computer!!!

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (03/15/03 05:16 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SEARCH option for newcomers new
      #2905 - 03/15/03 08:41 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Thanks, Sharon, for the tip! By the way, I've been haunting a local Jewish grocery store. (I was praying for a sweet kugel w/o dairy!). If I can't find some of the foods everyone is suggesting at the Wild Oats store here, I might ask the grocery store owner if he would consider ordering some things for me. One food I found there for a snack is "Barry's Bakery" products: the pastry twists in almond, cafe mocha (just flavored, no real coffee), wild raspberry and cinnamon. They have no egg, no cholesterol, no dairy, low in sodium! And they make a really great dessert / treat, sort of like palmiers from a bakery. The almond flavor is my favorite. They're not cheap, though! You can actually order them online, but the website isn't working tonight (buybarrys.com). Also have a toll-free number. But I think they're pretty widely distributed. Again, thanks for the navigating help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review