All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: What is IBS-Safe for Yeast Infections? new
      #289410 - 11/08/06 06:01 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I'm going to buy some of the bottles next chance I get. The capsules I took were BIO-K one capsule per day and didn't need to be refrigerated, but like I said, I didn't notice anything at all when I took them.

I went to the Health Food store today and checked out the different types. There were lots of refrigerated capsules, big difference in prices between brands. They also had the BIO-K dairy free bottles, so I'll give those a shot.

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#289460 - 11/09/06 08:44 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Great! Let me know how they work for you. Do you (or anyone else) find that the refrigerated probiotics are way better than the non-refrigerated ones, or is there no difference?? The different brands and varieties are mind-boggling!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#291126 - 11/24/06 03:04 PM
Nicoblu

Reged: 12/28/05
Loc: Lafayette, LA

Since a yeast infection is an outward sign of an internal overgrowth of Candida Albicans--fungus/yeast. Its it important to treat more than the external symptoms from a yeast infection by treating yourself for yeast overgrowth through internal means. My Naturopathic Dr. recommendeds CandiGone--by the Renew Life Companywhich is available at any HFS or through Vitacost.com.

He also suggested a course of CandiZyme --A Digestive Enzyme Complex Designed to Manage Candida Naturally. Candi Zyme is a unique enzyme formula designed to manage yeast overgrowth and to support a balanced intestinal environment.

#294948 - 12/30/06 11:27 PM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

I've used both those methods as well and found them helpful. I suffered with recurring yeast infections for about 2 years. It was HORRIBLE. It felt like I essentially had one almost every day. My body also built up a resistance to OTC and RX remedies. Eventually it ran it's course, I think just from being so paranoid about eating any sugar and modifying my diet.

I struggle with some of the EFI receipes since sugar seems to be okay for IBS but I still can be somewhat succeptible to the yeastie beasties.

I'm going to try the BIO-K+ since it seems to have worked for several people on the board.

--------------------
Jen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 463 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review