All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are mornings bad for you too?
      #288256 - 10/28/06 08:51 AM
yvette71

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Salem, MA

I find that mornings are really bad....even if I eat bad offending foods...sometimes it will wait til the morning hours to really hit....

I hate this! Even with the 'safe' limited diet I've been on its been crazy...I have to get up at 5am every day to make it out the door by 8am ::::sigh:::::

for the IBS-d, I've been put on Questran with Applesauce, which I've stopped b/c I feel waaaaaaay worse taking it. Coupled with my already existing bladder problems....I'm fit to be tied.

Is anyone else's mornings just rotten?

--------------------
IBS-A (Currently in stuck in heinous IBS-D land)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are mornings bad for you too? new
      #288258 - 10/28/06 09:07 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Have you been following Heather's diet and taking any soluble fiber supplements? Mornings are awful for me too and Heather states that in her book also. Added stress of getting out in the morning doesn't help either. Since I've started Acacia and the diet, my mornings have been better (not great, but better). Also, I didn't used to eat anything b/c I was nervous about d, but you should eat something soluble as soon as you wake up to settle your stomach. If it's bad, take immodium the night before and that should at least lesson the severity/frequency of attacks before you have to get out the door. I totally hear your pain and stress...hang in there.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#288262 - 10/28/06 09:34 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

Mornings are totally the worst for me. I have to get up 3 hours before I need to leave because I need to sit for two hours sipping water until my tummy settles. I follow this with immodium and wait until lunch to eat. I hope to incorporate breakfast one day but for right now this is my routine. I can totally understand.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

#288271 - 10/28/06 11:51 AM
yvette71

I've tried the acacia fiber with no luck(2-3 weeks trying). The peppermint oil capsules really didn't do anything except make my privates burn with a minty feeling--which is really awful when everything is already raw. My diet is about as safe as can be....or I'd never get to the gym to work.

I'm sorry, I sound so negative....I'm just very frustrated...and things that used to work in the past don't work now (ie: elavil used to work great to slow things down). And I;m afraid to try new things in fear of making things worse...ack.

Heather was a guest speaker for another website, fabulous session really. Unfortunately alot of the things aren't working for me....its so hard to crack what makes ME tick...ugh....sorry again...I'm done ranting.

--------------------

Two to three weeks of trying Acacia isn't very long. -nt- new
      #288275 - 10/28/06 02:03 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

How long should I give it, then??? -nt- new
      #288549 - 10/31/06 11:26 AM
yvette71

--------------------

Re: How long should I give it, then??? -nt- new
      #288572 - 10/31/06 02:41 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Start at a low dose and go up slowly. Keep increasing until you feel better. If you've been at, say, at least 2 Tablespoons a day for a month and you haven't felt any relief at all, then it's not working for you.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3936 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review